Continuing Life In The Pigpen

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:23 am

Pure accident! Graham just yawns quite a lot when he gets comfy. If I'd been a bit closer, you cold practically do a dental exam. I'm not sure if I'm seeing molar or a pocket of munched food or both when I zoom in.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:22 am

I love the yawning pictures! I'm glad you have these two boys during this time.

minismama

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:38 am

Bobbins Onk-onked his way over the Rainbow Bridge. When he saw Stephen on the other side, some uhhh. ..rumbling and humping ensued. Finally, Bobs groomed Stephen's ears, and much napping then did occur.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:49 am

So sorry for your loss of Robert. While he can never be replaced, I'm glad you have Graham and Simon to keep you company. Loved the photos and Graham looks like he's more chilled now that he has a pal.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:39 am

Yeah, I mean, GRAHAM thinks this has worked out overall. Look at that saxxy leg!

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:24 pm

I have no doubt he'll find his voice again soon because Opinions, but for the past 2 days Graham has been so contented he's been quiet. He chats to Simon loads so he doesn't have time to yell at me. He hasn't even noticed the lack of free range time yet. Too much rumbling and zooming and popcorning to be done. Not to mention the napping and munching. A pig just doesn't have the time. :)

It took Simon more than 24 hours but he's got the measure of Graham now and knows he's just a big clumsy softy. Simon allows napping within inches now that there's some trust. Given how much he's mellowed already, I think Simon might just allow some boarly snuggling before the year is out. If that happens I'm going to start selling my tapwater for £5 a litre.

The plan is to enlarge their pen to 2x6 over the weekend, then once they've settled with that I'll bring back free range time.

goosey1019

Post   » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:18 pm

Oh clairey, I'm so sorry to hear about Bobs. Your pigs have a way of worming their way into my heart despite being an ocean away.

I'm very glad you've got a pair of adorable boars to keep you on your toes, though. Those pictures are priceless! I would be very tempted to buy some of your water. Roy hit puberty recently and likes to bug poor Jack for no reason at all. At least I've finally convinced him picking on Mozzie (my senior) isn't worth it.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:29 am

Frankly, I think you could charge waaaaay more than 5 pounds a liter for your magic water, clairey, and make a nice tidy business out of selling bottled boarliness-be-gone or something of the sort. Just sayin.

clairey

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:09 am

Graham is like a snuggle ninja. He comes creeping in under the fronds to lie as close to Simon as he dares.

The closest I've seen them sleep is about 2 inches apart with fleece fronds between them. I'm happy with that.

Simon is SO Alan-y. He has no real interest in guinea pig social structure or rituals. It's never him bip-bipping over to check what Graham's doing. He doesn't care what Graham's doing as long as it's not offensive and doesn't get in the way too much. Graham meanwhile is all stars, lovehearts and popcorns. I have faith he'll wear a little groove in Simon's heart for himself. I've seen Simon let out a sneaky popcorn when he thinks no one's watching.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:29 am

Thanks for the update and photo. Great to read that things are going well. Graham sounds like he's super happy at having company and Simon sound like the right pig to take his personality.

CavyHeart

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:39 pm

I love the "snuggle ninja" description. That describes my Totoro to the T that his name starts with. Do you mind if I borrow it? "Stars, lovehearts, and popcorns" is pretty awesome, too.

My face still leaks a little now and then because of missing Stephen and Bobs, but I'm so glad that these boys are here to continue the saga.

clairey

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Borrow away!

If I didn't have Graham to snorgle I'd have been a real mess this past few days. He's such an affectionate, touchy-feely lump of a pig, it's impossible not to feel better.