Bernie!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:53 pm

I also read an article by someone else who was there who said the earlier speakers were just great and he was glad he came! (despite the interruption) I understand he went out into the crowd and shook hands and talked to people for a while before he left.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:27 pm

An interesting editorial by Pramila Jayapal, WA state senator.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:06 pm

What a thoughtful and caring person. It was helpful to have someone who was participating present her considered views.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:38 pm

I really enjoyed reading that editorial. Very thoughtful in all ways.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:21 am

There is some really crazy internet stuff out there! (crazy/fun)

Hitler reacts to Bernie Sanders (Feel the Bern)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxzAaMG8V6Q

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:10 pm

This is real cute (short song):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=67&v=NPdN3Sur2DY

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:41 pm

Hey! Fresh pic of Bernie! He just finished taping a segment for PBS at the Miller Center here in Charlottesville! When I got there before he started, all the seating was gone but he spoke to the crowds before he went in. Yay Bernie!!

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/bernie-sanders-to-ta ... 5d3860a.html

Crazy4me

Post   » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:34 pm

I am leaning towards Bernie; the more I read about him, the more I like him. Please keep those articles coming!!

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:03 am

I hear he was well-received at Liberty University in Virginia. That's a surprise--that 's not a place I imagine he'd be welcomed.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:06 am

He appealed to their humanity. So much of what he proposes will positively affect the people most in need - and all of us.

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:57 am

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:28 pm

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:17 pm

This is long, but also excellent. Please read and forward to your Christian friends: https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/3l4khz ... rnie_by_jim/

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:36 pm

just in case any Virginians (waving to Lynx) want to help get Bernie's name on the primary ballot in Virginia:
10 days to 10K

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:04 pm

I don't think I can do lots but maybe a few.

Crazy4me

Post   » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:32 pm

I have watched some of his speeches and the crowd turnout is rather telling that there needs to be a change.

We do need to create jobs, there are so many people who are unemployed, working two or three part time jobs just trying to pay the bills let alone eat. The cost of living is much higher now, and so the minimum wage needs to change.

I think that going to college tuition free, will help the job force along with the issue of crime.

And as far as healthcare, you shouldn't have to go into debt up to your eyeballs because you needed surgery, or were hospitalized. Not only that, because of the debt you must try to pay, you are now working your butt off, getting sick, just to pay some of the debt off.

And yes the richest need to start paying their fair share and it is about time that they do so.

And he doesn't shy away from tough issues, like racism.

It is about time that we see someone who has some common sense, and thinks logically. I have also noticed that when Bernie has these question and answer forums, he actually answers the questions instead of avoiding them. He doesn't talk on both sides of his mouth; he is consistent on what he says.

He has got my vote.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:35 am

Bernie Bernie Bernie (chanting)

Anyone watch the debate? Reactions?

Bernie & Ellen dancing & amusing chat:

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/10/15/448849 ... ing-on-ellen

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Oh, I did watch the debate! I think he did great. Hillary looked fairly presidential. Read something today indicating she is moving towards means testing for Social Security. Big fail! The reason it is a success is we ALL (or almost all) paid into it and therefore it is there when we retire. Bernie wants to expand it.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:31 pm

So far to me, he feels like the candidate who has the public's best interests in mind the most. He's won me over.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:01 pm

The media is pretty much ignoring him. The media, controlled by big money. I think they afraid of what a Sanders presidency would mean.

Tough to have someone you can't buy.

109 posts