Further Tales From The Pigpen

goosey1019

Post   » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:11 pm

I love that picture of Simon all by himself! Not that Graham isn't a handsome boy too. ;)

clairey

Post   » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:48 am

Simon is a very photogenic boy.

I'm still trying to work him out. I think there's a way he likes to be held that he hasn't managed to communicate to me yet. I've contorted myself all over the place but I'm not meeting his expectations. He clambers and headbutts my neck and stares at me nose to nose like I just don't get it. And I don't!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:57 am

Clairey, I've looked at these pictures every day since you posted them. I keep thinking I can find the words to express what they make me feel. And I can't. Not a blinking thought will come out, but this: I <3 Simon & Graham.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:19 am

Love Simon's earnest expression. In nearly every photo, it looks as if he really really wants to tell you something very important. Like, earth-shattering important. Right now. (Such as maybe *this* is the special way to hold me so I am happy?)

And Mr. Graham just looks content.

May the amazing miracle of boarly love continue in your home... (I would love a bottle of your magic peace water for my girls, but maybe it only works on the boys?)

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:52 am

Hee, I know.

Simon is really beginning to blossom now. His cheekiness is shining through and he's not shy about sharing opinions in his loud whistle-wheek. He's found his rumbler again now too. I'm still convinced there'll be an eventual power shift in his direction. Graham is a hopeless top pig. One thing Simon has proven is that he's patient and won't choose to fight. He's had plenty of provocation from the Big Boss.

Graham has gone from hands-down the noisiest pig ever to rather quiet and content. He mumbles and mutters and still replies when I talk to him but all the "Look at ME!" has stopped. I think I miss it every so often and then I remember the number of nights I ended up driven to bed too early just to get away from his yelling. I don't know the reason he was given up for adoption but I do wonder if maybe it wouldn't have come to that if he'd had a friend to talk to. Still, it's my gain. :)

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:32 am

"Happy Friday, everyone!"

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:07 am

Hi, Sweetie!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Smoochies!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:49 pm

Happy Friday right back!

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Simon is certainly having a happy Friday. During floor time* earlier, he finally listened to me and humped Graham's head. Graham predictably popcorned in a little circle. All attention is good attention to him.

*It's floor time rather than free range time for Simon because, despite Graham jumping out and in right in front of him, he can't work out how the cage opening works. It's no bigger a jump than into their big kitchen tray so it's not that he can't. I suppose it's easier to wheek sadly and look lost and wait for the staff to pick you up and plop you where you want to be.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Of course it is! My dratted CAT does that! She doesn't want the elevator down, but by golly it had better be there for the up portion of the trip!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:13 pm

:-)

You've got a good pair there! Simon came into the family just in time.