Further Tales From The Pigpen

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:01 am

You boys are sooo handsome!

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:22 am

Hope the staff gets good tips for timely service ;)

clairey

Post   » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:06 pm

I've finally taught Simon to get in and out on his own. It took much bribery and hacking off more coroplast. He cautiously creeps up and pops over then popcorns like it's a massive surprise to have achieved it.

Now that Graham has his free range time again, the Important Opinions are back. :) He's now being less snippy with both me and Simon. He just seems to need more stimulation than the average pig. When he's bored he gets frustrated at the world.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:06 am

Yay, Simon! Good job, bud!

clairey

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Every day, Simon becomes a little more Simon. I did wonder for a while if my sorting hat was right but he is definitely a Slytherin. Albeit one who might sometimes see nargles. He's pretty entitled and will lie in bed screaming at me rather than walk the whole 12 inches to come to the side of the cage for snacks. Even when he's wandering round and I call him over, he'll stop short of me and wheek like he's telling me off for having the downright cheek to beckon his lordship. He has the free range thing perfected now and he and Graham get the zoomies most nights. It's hilarious watching them zipping and popcorning round the room.

That's not to say it's all sunshine - he and Graham bicker a lot more than I'd like. It must look and sound worse than it is though because no one has been injured. I'm going to be honest, I was never sure if serene Stephen would be able to handle living with Graham full-time. Graham is a lot of pig and he's boisterous. So Simon is a bit of a saint for not losing his temper with him or being intimidated by him.

But Graham would still very much like Simon to groom his ears, please.

"Hmm, I'll think about it."

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Graham looks so HUUUUUUGE next to Simon! (giggle)

clairey

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:57 pm

I know! There's not quite as big a difference in real life as it seems in photos. Or maybe there is and I just don't see it. Simon's over 1100g so he's not tiny himself.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:29 pm

And you've never been tempted to nibble on Graham's ears?

clairey

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:46 pm

I may have tried on occasion.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:09 pm

He is truly loved :-)

goosey1019

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:46 pm

Aw, your boys are so adorable! I love the image of them running around popcorning together.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:58 pm

They are cute ears. ;o)

clairey, my youngest girl is 1325 grams. My other 2 girls are over 1100. Is he still growing? Or do I just feed mine too much? Heeheehee. I must have giant little guinea pigs. :o)