The Rt. Honorable Jessie Cress, Heir Apparrot!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:43 pm

That's the best bit about parrots, maddy Harper, their ability to talk, mimic and generally make some wonderful noises! We all miss that, but we don't miss my mum's cough, cough, coughing! Not one cough once this last week, it has been bliss (the parrot dander / dust was causing her to cough like mad).

We've been told Bertie is going to see the lovely vet for a Small Procedure on Friday. And then, after a little wait, he can join us. I think Poppy will be particularly pleased, she has been rattling and chuntering at him all the time! What a floosie!

I'm myself am worried about the Food Situation. There are Four of us girls, we fit tidily around our tea-tray, I'm not at all sure there's room for anyone else! What a Worry.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:55 pm

I soooo understand!

I hope arrangements are made to provide a bounty of food to take care of any possible shortages.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:15 am

Its good having a parrot when you cant see i think
If my doctor tells me I'm going deaf probably the first thing I will do is get a bird.

clairey

Post   » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:07 am

My boys wish him well with the Small Procedure. Though they both insist that in their own case it would be A Very Large Procedure.

I think he'll manage to squeeze in round your tea tray. He's a little lightweight piggy who I'm sure you'll hardly know is there. Probably.

Is he your first boar, Mildred?

poppycorn

Post   » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Good luck Bertie!

I can solve all your woes, I can bring him home with me? ;)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Thanks! I passed on your Good Luck wishes, although I can't see what all the fuss is about really - if he wants to join his ladies he can't join us in his 'state'!

Poppycorn, I have been assured you will be pocket-searched before you leave. NO pig-napping allowed!!

Thanks, Auntie clairey. I am not sure he will be sitting round the tea tray though, he can take second sittings . . . maybe!

My mum says she DID have a pair of boy pigs many years ago. They were Mildred and Molly's offspring, they were 'pet shop pigs' and both pregnant (boys again!). They went to a new home but returned when they were 4. My mum said they didn't smell as sweet as us girls! But anyway, Bertie has a daddy to see to all those 'manly jobs, meaning my our mum needn't be too near anything smelly whatsoever.

Bertie's bag is packed. Look, here he is having a little chat with his daddy earlier this evening.

He is explaining how he will be able to live with his tribe once he's been seen to!

I am not sure what he is saying here (but I think I can guess)!

And here's a rare photo of our mum and a matching Bertie!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:57 pm

YAY BOAR IN THE PIGGERY!!! I am so excited. I love my girls, but boars are the best.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:05 pm

What a sweetheart he is!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:32 pm

What a handsome boar! After he has is procedure and recovers, I'm sure he will fit right in with the ladies.

Sasha the pig

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm

What a handsome boy!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:34 pm

He is just as cute as can be.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Agree that Bertie is a real sweetheart. All the best with his surgery and that he recovers quickly. I wonder how Flo will take to having a man in house (once he's all healed and recovered of course).