Chock

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:47 am

Chock was hand fed his green lefe breakfast this morning. He loves the interaction with me i think. Made us closer though by my hand feeding :)

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:30 am

Chock was waiting patiently at the front of his cage so he could be hand fed again. The only way i new he was waiting for me to hand feed him was the wheekwheek noise rather loudly as well now i recall the sound in my brain. It came out almost as a shrill whistle rather than a straight wheek. The sound was so funny i started laughing so he shut up. Think he took offence to me laughing. Cant have been too upset as he still took his breakfast from my hand ok. Think he still loves me so thats good.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:27 am

Chock was calling for me at six on the dot this morning for his hand fed breakfast. May as well say i am a devoted piggy mum.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:26 am

Chockster had fun on the sofa with a blanke scrunched up in to a loose ball so he could hide in it. He was talking the entire time he was out for. bless him. He would climb on my knee then he would be off again exploring. it was so funny. He enjoyed him self i think. He has been eating since i put him back home again. man that pig cant half eat!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:47 am

wonder how much hay a pig eats in its life. Thats a question i never have had answered by anyone or google haha

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:04 am

Is it worth me trying to get hold of a small ish cardboard box and cut some piggie holes in it and put hay there for him to gnaw on while he is in his pen to make him feel more positive about the space again? would it work? Anyone elses pigs go off their running space? Thanks for replying.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:44 pm

Well, i am at my wits end with chocks pen gnawing, he will not settle in there at all...not at all... i dont know what to do. There really is no point in setting it up as he is never in the thing that long enough to enjoy the space thats there. He just freak out big style. so i dont set it up any more. He usually is on the sofa with me instead so he gets some exersize pottering around on there. .

Maddy_harper

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:55 am

Tryed chock in his pen again today with no joy. The above things keep happening and its starting to really irritate me specially the bar gnawing. I am worried for his teeth to be honest. Surprised no teeth havent broken as he really goes for it every time.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:39 pm

Did you try having cardboard boxes, make tunnels and places to hide! Even a heap of hay, it could give him more confidence that he can burrow and hide in it!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:40 am

I have tryed all sorts of different things to relax him but he just goes straight to bar gnawing. thats a really irritating noise and i worry for his teeth if the truth be told. thats why i come on here to see if you guys know of any way to give him floor time which he doesnt seem to be intrested in at all. He would much rather sit on my knee instead and turn in to a piggie pan cake lol

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:12 pm

Just been feeding Chock some coriander. He loves it! He can always surprise me so he can.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:07 am

Chock is having his cage cleaned out tomoro ready for goin on holiday on tuesday. still aint broken the news to him he is goin to the vet to have his claws done. Its amazing how fast they grow. Must be doin something right though eh? the vet said he was really healthy all round when i took him there last...