The Rt. Honorable Jessie Cress, Heir Apparrot!

clairey

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:02 am

Heh heh, 'his bag is packed'. Not for long it's not! Yes, I know, I'm 12 in my head.

Best healing wishes, Bertie.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:33 am

Boys! I had a Bertie once, he was a funny little chap.

Hope his surgery goes well.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:41 am

A boy in the piggery!! Will wonders never cease? He is a cutie!

Hope mum's shoulder is healing & Bertie's little procedure goes smoothly.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:20 pm

Whoooo!! He's been done all is ok! He's had a nibble of a dandelion leaf but it still a bit quiet.

My mum said the vet was very really knowledgeable. They do pain relief before the op. And After. And he has 2 follow up appointments booked in for next week.

He reckons we should wait 6 weeks before Bertie can join me and his other wives. I think Flo, in particular, will be glad to hand over the responsibility of co-pig-in-chief!

Thank you for all your good wishes, your comments made us all feel happy!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:59 pm

I'm so happy to hear Bertie's surgery went well.

I'm wondering where you got his name from. I remember King George VI (Queen Elizabeth II's) father was know as Bertie. I think of him when I read of your Bertie. :)

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Happy to hear it went well. And if what I read about your Mom is true, Bertie will be as good as new in no time.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Bertie Wooster, maybe? ;-)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Bertie was named after the little boy in Alexander McCall Smith's 'Scotland Street' books! My pig-parrots were both reading his latest book when Bertie appeared! Maybe Bertie could be a Prince Bertie, or Bertie Wheeker!

My mum' shoulder is dong well except last night she said she didn't sleep a wink for the ache in it. Daddy keeps saying not to over-do things but you know what it's like, some people just won't listen!

Bertie has just gobbled up his Critical Care, a dandelion leaf and a spot of Cavolo leaf. He is getting another topping up at 8pm.

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:04 pm

So who was boss pig before Bertie came? And is there a chance he will be boss pig?

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:25 pm

Well naturally he will THINK he is, but in the way of boar-sow dynamics, I'd think it would be unlikely he actually WILL be.

6 weeks is a long time! I can't remember, is that standard?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:58 pm

Four weeks is the longest I've heard.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 pm

Those are all good names for Bertie. I'm glad he's eating and that he has some follow-up visits to be sure the bits are healing properly. 6 weeks is a long time (I think my boy was 4) but better safe than sorry!