The Rt. Honorable Jessie Cress, Heir Apparrot!

poppycorn

Post   » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:19 am

I think I've fallen in love with Bertie (sorry girls, you are still wonderful and snuggleworthy too!)

Glad to hear the op went okay, and that your mum's shoulder is not playing up too much. My surgery this summer meant that I had a bit of a nightmare battling with the whole "don't do too much" situation. Lots of hugs for you all!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:22 pm

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:27 pm

White front tootsies, Posy! She is also a bit podgier than Poppy! Actually, they both look as though they've been down the coal mines. I think the slightly cooler weather has made their grey tips and bits spread and darken!

Bertie is planning on being boss-pig, Flo the ever-sage mother-in-law, Poppy his floosie-type-wife, Posy his bit of fun-sister-type, and Pansy his sort of great-aunt-someone, the kind of someone you would go to when you need a little tlc, or a kindly pat on the head top!

Bertie would like you all to know he is pretty much fed up with everything at present. He is eating though so it can't be all bad!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Posy is beautiful! Other than Bertie, who is your bossiest? I'm curious--often a sow ends up being boss pig.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Thank you, auntie JaneDoe, I am rather beautiful, I agree! We are not a bossy lot, unlike a certain Great, great aunt Mavis Mittens - or so we've been told!

We are all feeling very sad today. A very good friend to many has left us, and while we are only too grateful to have known and loved her, and we know she is now free from pain, we miss her already.

Pansy was a especially fond of BugsMom.

This is just for you, Auntie Joan -

Seeing as it's National Poetry Day here in the UK we have all been absorbed in (or rather on) our poetry books!

Here's Flo pontificating on the Owl and the Pussycat!

Young Bertie is too small to read so his Daddy read to him from our favourite tome.

We think he liked it!

And here's Pansy using her not inconsiderable weight to keep a pile of books in their place!

If you can pop back later we may honour you with another photo, and also we have an exciting announcement to announce!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:27 pm

An exciting announcement! How - exciting!!!

We'll be sure to return later!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:33 pm

But not much later! We're not patient!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:00 pm

We can't wait to tell you either.

Drum roll, please . . .

We are getting a VIV tomorrow - a Very Important Visitor! It's poppycorn! And are we ready for some serious cuddles? YES! We are!!

And as promised, here's the final photo for National Poetry Day. Me and Poppy demonstrating our abilities in the book-ends department!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:07 pm

That is a phenomenal picture.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:22 pm

That looks calendar-worthy to me!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:27 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:55 pm

I agree, that would make a beautiful calendar picture. I love those bookends!