Peekaboo's Medical

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Eeeps. I did not resize them. Hope people can see them okay!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Heeheehhee! I didn't realize it either. Oh well, anyone who wants a real look will appreciate the detail.

Just wanted to post here that I gave Peek .07 dose of Metacam (leftover from Flossie's spay - 1.5 mg/ml ) for his arthritis yesterday afternoon. When I was petting him, every time I got near his hips, he'd do the "brrrr" thing. Since it was ONLY when I was near or on his hips, I think they might be painful right now. It did seem to perk him up a little yesterday. About to give him another dose now. How many days should I continue the Metacam? (Hmm, just checked - her's is 1.5mg/ml and his is 0.5/ml. Doesn't that make her's a stronger mix?)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Yes. Hers is three times as strong as his.

Keep the Metacam up for at least a few days.

I need to look at the x-rays on a full computer. Hopefully can do that tomorrow.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:00 pm

Thanks, Talishan. No wonder he was peppy. I'll reduce the dose if I use her's again.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:03 pm

There's some gas in there. I wouldn't call it bloat but neither would I call it completely normal ingesta.

How's he doing today?

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:33 pm

Little rat is running too fast for me to catch, lol. I swear, he will NEVER trust any living soul. I don't know what happened to him before I got him, but it must have been horrific. However, he has found himself a soulmate. Last night he and VeBee were snuggled side by side, almost spooning. I'm happy for them (thrilled for him) but I'm afraid poor Fuzz is feeling left out in the cold. I adopted VeBee for Fuzz! :o)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:36 pm

They do that. They decide their own friends.

So now you get to go out and find someone for Fuzz. (Do not let your husband read this. ;-)

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:41 am

OMG! You do want me dead or divorced! ;o)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:06 am

LOL!!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:49 am

5 Days of Metacam, he hasn't complained. Except when I put him on the vibrating pillow. He doesn't care for it, that's for sure. The most he'll put up with is 10 minutes, then he starts getting vocal. I may have gotten 15 minutes one time.

I still have to chase him down to pick him up. That means I have to at least clear enough floor to get to him 3-4 times a day. :o| Tonight after dinner I let him run into the carry sack and instead of taking him directly back to the cage, I took him into the living room and I watched tv while he huddled in the sack. I believe I held him for close to 30 minutes and 'lo and behold, with much cheek and chin stroking, I think he might have dozed off!! Never, never has he ever felt comfortable enough to even relax. He was most definitely relaxed this evening, didn't even struggle when we approached his cage, and he has ALWAYS done that. He didn't try to jump out of the sack when I put him close to the floor! He's the worst when it comes to trying to jump.

(Medical, Granny, medical!) He might be moving a little easier with the daily metacam.

The "coughing" has eased off since I started feeding him separately and he's definitely taking longer to eat, so that might have been what was causing the sound I think of as a cough. I can only remember one cough since I started feeding him in the kitchen away from the others. That's "remember".

Should I continue the loved Metacam and disliked vibrating pillow?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:17 am

If it were me -- continue the metacam. It's possible he's relaxing somewhat due to pain being relieved.

If his output is normal and he's not showing signs of stasis, quit the pillow.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:59 am

Thanks, Talishan. Peek would really love you!