Further Tales From The Pigpen

Crazy4me

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:14 am

Simon is summoning (demanding) you to fill the bowl with pellets immediately instead of busying yourself with that contraption with the annoying flash.

"Graham is still a twit"....
Yes Graham has the abby-tude and those abby's can be such twits.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:29 am

Lovely pigs!

clairey

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:02 am

"Graham has the abby-tude"

Oh he so does! He also got a bit carried away with suddenly finding himself the top pig and his very top pig-ness had to be reinforced at every and all opportunity. I can't praise Simon enough for not rising to the constant bait. There were times I felt Simon was being really bullied but then he would sprawl out and nap somewhere that a wary or harrassed pig just wouldn't, eg. the middle of the cage or the favoured bed.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:38 am

Good for Simon. Mr. Chill!

Crazy4me

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:22 am

Simon is not fazed one bit, after all there are more important matters to attend to, such as sleeping. I think Simon is defying Graham's bully, abby-tude behavior by just being Simon.

serelixyue

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:43 am

clariey, I love reading your stories. Graham and Simon will completely floor their fans in your new thread :)

edit - that said, I still think fondly of Stephen, Bobbins...

clairey

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:24 am

I miss my Stephen and Bobbins so much still. Suddenly having 2 pigs I don't know that well (and that aren't old enough to not know themselves very well either!) has been strange and quite frustrating at times.

However, G-Force and Agent Orange have brought a lot of fun and energy to the place too. They tease each other then zoom and popcorn around the room. It's like Simon is learning all this social stuff (slowly) for the first time. They do seem to have an agreement about time out though. I've noticed that when the chasing gets too much, Simon will dive into a corner of the hay bin or a bed and stand his ground with a rumble and some whining. Graham backs down then. It's not a threatening stand off, more like 'free den' or 'home' when you're playing tag. Seeing that they have some order to their romping (and it's not all Graham simply steam-rollering Simon) was such a relief.

ETA: Simon is sporting a bald stripe down his dewlap just now. It's been a while so I panicked at first but it can only be a boar glue mishap. Both pigs only finished mite treatment a couple of weeks ago and there's no broken or flaky skin, just a neat totally bald bit.

clairey

Post   » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:39 am

Oh crumbs. I adopted Bobs 3 years ago today. https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 84#2056584 I hate that 'Memories' feature on Facebook. It's hard to believe I only had Bobs for less than 3 years.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Bobbins did not grace us with his presence long enough, clairey. That is an undisputed cosmic fact.

I remember when his med thread first popped up over in the emergency forum and I discovered your chronicle. Reading back through it all, it seems more a matter of months than years since that little boar sashayed into all our hearts and plopped himself down there.

Meanwhile, just love, love, love the photo of Mr Graham crashed out in the hay box.

And, *G-Force*? Agent Orange? Love it. Perfection.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:09 pm

Yes, great names for great pigs!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:22 am

And we need more photos to confirm that all is well piggdom. Their fans are waiting.

clairey

Post   » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:40 am

I know. Sadly it's that time of year where Scottish 'dayight' is merely a slightly lighter grey than 'dark' and rarely comes inside far enough to make decent pics possible and flash kills the moment. I'll try.

I need to try to capture them begging at the side of the cage. Simon's head tilt gets more exaggerated the higher he holds his head from the ground. Because of this, I've never encouraged him to get up on his back legs. However Graham is a master beggar and Simon decided to copy him.

If Simon were to stand square like 'normal' pigs with both front feet up on the grids, his head is so tilted to the left that his mouth ends up not where it needs to be. So he's devised a method which involves him facing slightly to the right with only his left paw on the grids so his face ends up pointed at me. It's not a sturdy position therefore much jostling takes place first to make sure he's close enough to Graham to lean on him for balance. Initially this upset Graham no end (and tipped him over at least once too) but he's gotten used to it. :)