The Saga of Princess Swizzle and Faylee

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:09 pm

Hello!
I already have a chronicle thread, but seeing as we have a new addition, I feel it is only appropriate for my tiny little girl to have her own thread with Swizzle.
First I will introduce my current little diva. Meet Princess Swizzle Wheekyswirl! Swizzle is just such a spoiled princess. She is a 2 1/2 year old TSW Abyssinian sow. She LOVES her veggies and is quite the chunk!
Here is Her Royal Highness. http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b57 ... m66fdk.jpg
Now, the new girl! Faylee is a sweet, shy and very curious 1 year old white American Crested sow with black and tan markings. She is SO TINY!!! She loves cucumber, dandelion, and celery in particular.
So after quarantine, I made a makeshift pen on my bedroom floor with fleece and HUGE piles of veggies and hay. The obviously chowed down at first and then Swizzle realized OH MY GIDDY AUNT THERE IS A TINY LITTLE CREATURE IN MY ROOM!!!! So she was very excited and started popcorning towards Faylee. Faylee (the baby that she is) got scared and started screaming. Swizzle started humping her and chasing her and rumblestrutting and all the while Faylee was screaming bloody murder even though it wasn't a big deal. Finally though, they both calmed down within 15 minutes and then there was only occasional lunges and minor nips over veggies or space. They were amazing, just perfect together! So I cleaned the cage, put them in and with the exception of a few very minor skirmishes they have been great! NO JOKE! I was so happy and surprised. Faylee is a bit dazed and spacey because of all the changes that have been happening but she is warming up.
They are just the perfect match and I was so happy I cried because I tried 6 DIFFERENT PIGGIES on Swizzle and now it's like she finally "chose" Faylee. I'm SO HAPPY!!!!
So, this is Faylee. http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b57 ... lk4kjb.jpg

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Things Swizzle has Learned from Faylee
1. Eat lots of hay.
2. Nipping is a no-no.
3. Naps should be as frequent as possible.
4. Don't wheek at all hours of the night.
Things Faylee has Learned from Swizzle
1. Be as loud and naughty as possible in between naps.
2. Be sure to headbutt the jingly ball at 3 a.m.
3. It's fun to leave messes as trash the cage for the hooman to pick up.

Swizzle is making my precious little fairy like her!!! *sigh* Anyone want a Little Brat of a Diva Peeg?

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:25 am

Your pigs sound adorable. Thanks for discription as i am blind and cant see picks. I have a screan reader that turns text to speech on my tech. Welcome to the forums :) i have a half abisynian and half rex guinea pig. His name is spike. He is try coloured. His head down to his rump is white and his rump is brown. He also has a black patch over his left eye and one pink ear and one black one. Chock is my older pig. He is a chocolate brown on his back with a ginger stomach and one black foot.

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Thanks Maddy_harper! Your piggies sound adorable too!
Ok everyone I have a confession to make. I actually used to be scared of piggies and I thought they were kind of dumb. I didn't like them at all and so I just kept rabbits. (I'll tell more about my rabbits sometime) But when Ruthie and Ginger entered my life I was smitten. Now I'm a pigaholic!!!
So with that, I'm going to tell you more about my previous piggies. Ruthie and Ginger were my first guinea pigs. Ginger was my brother's and Ruthie was mine. Ruthie was a TSW sheltie, just gorgeous. Ruthie was very snuggly and always sprinkled anyone who held her. Ruthie would kill for lettuce! That was the best thing in the world to her - besides Ginger. Ginger was a beautiful bright red/copper American Crested. She was zippy and energetic, didn't like to sit still, and was the wheeker. Ginger would play tug of war with carrots and was protective of my brother. She actually bit my aunt once when my brother said she could hold Ginger, so my aunt picked her up and Ginger pulled back like a rattlesnake and launched herself onto my aunt's finger, with enough power to draw blood! Ginger was the boss and often nit-picked at Ruthie like an old housewife.
Ginger died at age 6 of a tumor and Ruthie died soon after at 7 years old (Ruthie was older) we believe from grief as she would not eat after her precious Ginger died. I miss them so much.
Tiny was my third guinea pig. She was shiny brown American Crested and, as you can probably guess, TINY! I forgot how much she weighed, but I could safely pick her up with my hand. Tiny was a spitfire and liked to race around her cage. She was an antisocial loner and so she never had a cagemate and was fine with it. She was a very quiet little girl, and loved food, which is surprising since she was so little. Tiny was pretty shy and didn't like to be held, but did really like her crest petted. Tiny died peacefully in her sleep. Her age was unknown but I think she was at least 7.
So those are my previous piggies. Swizzle and Faylee say goodbye from my lap! They just got a bath and they are telling me off good, wheeking like crazy!
Bye and thanks for reading!
Miss Piggy.

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:41 pm

I have news. I foun out that my littl Mini-Pig, Faylee, is blind. That would definitely explain Swizzle's protectiveness over Faylee, Faylee's tiny-ness, and also why Faylee has to thoroughly sniff me whenever I touch her. Also If I hold a carrot over Faylee's head, she can't find it unless she feels it with her whiskers. Every time I switch the cage around she has to follow the sounds of Swizzle's munching to find food. Sometimes she can't find it.
The piggies were weighed today. Swizzle is 2 lbs. 6 oz. and Faylee is a mere 1 1/2 lbs.!!!
Also good news; I have had Faylee almost 2 weeks now and she is warming up to me. She loves to snuggle in my hair on my shoulder and she is always near Swizzle. She loves her fleece forest!
Bye for now,
Miss Piggy

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:42 am

aww poor pig. I know how she feel as i am blind also.

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:06 am

Well the girls C&C cage has finally arrived! It is now finished as well. It is a 2x4 with a hay room which is basically a price of coroplast with 4" walls and a door in the front filled with newspaper and hay. Then the have to grids I made into a three sided fleece cave and put a fleece forest in. They have unfortunately boyish blue moose fleece because of my extremely tight budget (I found it lying around the house). I made them sort of a canopy with a baby receiving blanket and paper clips. I have a very original ubstitute for binder clips at the moments; Im using hair clips. But the girls love their new cage and popcorning like crazy.
I'll add pictures later; Im going to bed.

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:00 pm

The girls are still in love with the new cage. I can't post pictures of the new cage yet because I can't figure out how to upload them with my iPod and I don't have access to a computer as of right now. Anyway, there have been a few spats between the girls over snuggle sacks.
Now for some more (possibly) big news. Faylee *might* be pregnant. She has gotten a little fat lately... ONLY on her belly area. And while Swizzle is most certainly not a boy Faylee did originally come from a breeder and Faylee lived in a herd, the breeder did not say whether or not she had let a male in with them but she is a breeder so that could be likely. Also Faylee has been acting very hormonal and has been eating more and fighting swizzle not just letting her have her way. I tried to palpte Faylee like I did my pregnant bunny (accidental litter) but at first I couldn't feel anything. I switched positions and then I did think I felt a couple little balls in her sides. When you pick her up her sides bulge. *sigh* So I guess we will just wait and see and I will keep ya'll posted.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:10 am

aww bless ya. What a lot you have went through with your pigs all ready. Hugs.

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Well, Faylee fooled everyone. She isn't pregnant. She is just fat because she's been stealing Swizzle's food. So, all is well over here.
You can expect a story soon, I'm very busy but I just wanted to clear everything up.

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:50 am

Sorry I haven't updated this thread for a LONG time. Writers block, busy with school, and one other very disheartening reason.
Due to unknown causes, Faylee, at only 1 1/2 years old, passed away exactly 1 week ago today. I haven't stopped crying and I'm so upset that she was taken at such a young age but she showed no sign of illness or I would have done something about it.
Now Swizzle has showed symptoms of a URI but I am currently on vacation me unable to take her to the vet until Thursday. Hopefully she will pull through.

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:05 am

Swizzle Goes To The Fair!
I bring my rabbits to the community fair each year, and this time a younger girl in my 4-H group asked if I could bring my guinea pigs to the show for just one day, since she was showing her cavy and didn't want to be the only one there. I agreed after confirming they would only be in a pet store cage from 8:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m and that since it was just a fair show they didn't have to be tagged(have you seen the poor cavies with tags pierced in their ears!?). I found out that Faylee (this was in August and Faylee was still with me) was unshowable because at least 75% of her body was white. Well, Swizzle was fine. I took her to the show and Swizzle was loving all the attention and food she was getting (I brought along pieces of lettuce for kids to feed her). When it came time for the show, Swizzle got Best Opposite Sex meaning she was the best female guinea pig there! I went home with a beautiful light blue ribbon and Swizzle went home with a full tummy!G