goosey1019

Post   » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:14 am

That sounds ADORABLE.

clairey

Post   » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:31 am

As promised.

"Tell me again how handsome I am"

"Me too, me too!"

It wasn't until I'd taken the photos that I realised that Simon has a glue-y mouth and chin. Typical! The hair was only just growing back on his dewlap from the last major incident. *rolls eyes*

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:45 am

Oh my they are handsome! One must swoon upon viewing each handsome pic!

goosey1019

Post   » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:26 pm

You, Mr. Graham, are VERY handsome.

Crazy4me

Post   » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:30 pm

Such a handsome pair :)

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:08 am

Awwwww, handsome Mr Graham is smiling in that last pic, with his dashing buddy at his side!

Looks like the Scottish sky decided to grace you with at least a single ray of light suitable for photos?

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:58 pm

*swoon* Loving your boys, clairey!!! They are both so handsome!!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:52 am

Thank you for the photos. Your boys are looking well and quite pampered (it's the lying so casually on the cushions that gives this impression).

clairey

Post   » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:05 am

Ah, yes, the royal cushion. They hate my leather sofa under their toes and for some reason (maybe the slight chill on their feet) it makes them want to pee on it. They settle happily on the cushion with no peeing.

Simon is now happy to be picked up and put down. He was a real scrabbler when I got him so it's major progress. He cashews on me now rather than standing up fidgeting.

Graham has been getting more of a run for his money this past week in terms of being big chief. Simon still backs down (usually just in the nick of time) but rather than immediately leave whatever napping spot when Graham tells him he should, he'll rumble and nose-off a bit first. It can get tense and I've had to leave the room more than once to stop my tension and watchful eyes interfering with natural pig business. After all, this is actually what I wanted to happen. It's also exactly how Stephen and Alan were for a while before they effectively became equal partners.

clairey

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:43 am

Last night during free-range time I finally saw Simon tentatively lick Graham's ear while rumbling at him. :) Graham (as I predicted) immediately lay down with his front legs stretched right out and looked goofy. Simon lost his nerve and ran away at that point much to G's disappointment.

Today they've been bickering a lot even by their standards. But I remember all of this. It's the 2 forward, 1 back that comes with negotiating the finer details of bonding. I distinctly remember making a post years ago on my chronicle that I wasn't down with this new ear-grooming malarkey if it was going to lead to such friction. Then true bonding occured and I learned.

*crosses fingers*

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:04 am

Good luck! They will get there eventually!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Yes indeed! Tru wuv/tru bonding...