Love Makes The Merry-Go-Round!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:02 pm

What a sweetie! I like that I can go back through old posts and find info I need (like info on Mia's last molt or when, indeed, I had my gallbladder attack ;-)

Anyway, check this page for some pup weights:

https://www.guinealynx.info/pup_weights.html

And also:

https://www.guinealynx.info/five_pup_weights.html

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks, Lynx! I'd found the one with Ryan's babies, it's been really useful. Both of them are! I wish I'd done an online record of Fairy's weight now.

Merry hasn't gained any weight today - still 170g, but she has eaten loads! The mixture has been a little thicker today, she seems full after 8 syringes. She sleeping a lot, compared the the first three days, but I think it's because her tummy feels contented!

I've had to set a baby monitor up for tonight! Last night she woke Ian with her wheeking for a top-up (an hour before my alarm was due to go off at 2am!). Ian's away tonight and as I feel so flipping tired I doubt she would wake me even though we sleep in the bedroom over the kitchen, where the piggies sleep!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:18 pm

It's tough being mum to such a small baby :-) I hope you can get some rest soon. Wheeking at 2 am is better than no wheeking at 2 am when you have a hungry little girl in the house.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Yay for weight gain and loud wheeking for food! Sounds like she's already got herself wrapped around your little finger.

MissPiggy_17

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:43 pm

I am a Fairy follower and I love her threads. You and Fairy really inspired me with my little Faylee(RIP), she was blind and since I was a first time piggy owner I freaked out a little. But since Fairy was blind AND deaf and had all the odds stacked against her and fought through, I knew we'd be fine.
Reading about little Merry is so heartwarming! Fairy must have been watching over the little one and guiding her to you.
Best wishes to you and little Merry!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Haven't been on GL for a few days and it's wonderful news to check back in with. Big warm welcome to Merry. She's lovely and so glad she's getting the much needed and super excellent care of experienced piggy parents.

She sounds like she's doing tons better already. I can't wait to see more photos of her as her personality starts showing

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:42 am

Good lord--she makes your other pigs look huge!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:33 am

What did Bertie think? What do any of them think, come to that? Are you planning on putting her in with the general herd eventually? Snickers was so very good with our boys, but they pestered him for affection and information (since they weren't getting much from their mom). I don't know how he would have been with babies that were indifferent to him.

Speaking of Cici's boys: if I remember correctly, they were largish, but here's another data point.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:45 am

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:38 am

Ooooh, look at all that data! It's begging for a graph!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:03 am

A real cutie and so glad she has piggy Aunts and Uncles to care for her and caring human slaves to run after her every whim.

Porkypigs

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:29 am

I couldn't be anymore happier to hear this beautiful story. My heart goes out to both pigs, and good luck from Percy, Bruno, Merlin, Barney and Albert!