Love Makes The Merry-Go-Round!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:39 pm

Thanks for the details, AldenM1, it's really helpful to see how the weight gain happened. Merry has gone up to 179g today, 170g yesterday. She has eaten a lot today, all syringed except for her attempts at eating softened pellets. I'm worrying she won't ever eat for herself, but I know it's early days yet!

Another worry - mites! I thought she was scratching a bit yesterday and then today I realised she has some fur loss near her eyes, and then she scratched them as I watched. I've had to treat her with one small drop of Ivermectin. And naturally, everyone else will have to be treated.

Bertie seemed rather amused actually. Very gentle! I am hoping she can be with the herd, yes, but I'm not sure how she is going to cope with a large area yet. She seems to stay within one square foot in the sectioned off area, usually snuggled up to whoever is being 'nanny'!

Thanks for all your support. All your comments mean such a lot, they really do xxx

Have to go, my eyes are itchy with tiredness! Ian is on night-feeds tonight.

More Photos tomorrow!

Wheekers3

Post   » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:42 pm

What a good pig Papa! Keep on gaining little Merry.

She might get bogged down digestively. I am thinking her tum and lower g.i. trac are getting a workout they're not used to. Keep an eye on output as well.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:09 am

I hope you can catch up on sleep! And that the ivermectin does its job quickly. I imagine Merry's immune system isn't too strong, poor wee thing.

Okay, I've done my morning stalking. I'll check back later!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Lots of poops now, Wheekers3!

Here's her food input and weight chart!

And one of her night feeds!

Im full now, mum!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:19 pm

That last picture is so cute! What a dear she is.

Crazy4me

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:29 pm

She is so tiny and so adorable. I am so glad she is gaining weight, and that she has a home where she is well cared for and loved.

I think I see a little bit of Fairy in her; it seems like Fairy is still working her magic.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Sending good eating wishes!

poppycorn

Post   » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:05 am

Oh bless her <3 she's just so lovely. Keep up the great work you guys!! <3

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Oh Mildred, this is so exciting! She is so lucky to be with you & Ian and her aunties & uncle. I love the snuggle pics.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:29 pm

My heart flipped at the "full" photo! Soooo adorable!

I'm very happy to see those numbers go up. And up, and up! I know she's going to have a wonderful life with you two.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:51 pm

190g today. We've thickened her jollop up, critical care, carrot purée and softened pellets, no water. To fill the small 1ml syringes (she can't get the end in her little mouth of we cut the narrow tip off) we fill a 5ml syringe with the jollop first. It has a broader nozzle. Then we pump that into the 2ml size syringe and from there into the 1ml. She took a few attempts to get used to it being thicker but managed ok on her last couple of feeding sessions.

Last night was awful, she couldn't stop scratching. Everything has calmed down today thankfully.

When she isn't feeding she is snoozing.

We are taking her to the vet on Wednesday. I want to know if she has any molars.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:53 pm

That is quite a system for filling the syringe! Yoikes!