Love Makes The Merry-Go-Round!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:26 am

I think she is going to not only "make it" but thrive. She isn't Fairy, of course, but she radiates a kind of tiny determination, and the stories of her mid-night wheeking are the final evidence. Nobody's going to keep Merry down, now that she has some resources to work with!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:38 pm

I keep going back to the "I'm full, Mum" picture. She looks like she's smiling!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:50 pm

You wouldn't want to see her now - jollop all round her mouth, her chin, her nose! She loves it from the syringe but doesn't seem to understand how to lick it up from a dish or a spoon even!

Vet tomorrow. I should get to know if she has any teeth - I know she doesn't have incisors, but I'm not certain if she has molars either.

194g today.

Wheekers3

Post   » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Good luck little girl. I want to kiss her fluffy smudgy little face - so adorable.

Zoe

Post   » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Best of luck with the vet appointment. I can't wait to hear about it. There sure is a lot of love in your piggery!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:04 am

Thank you :)

I wonder if anyone has had a Guinea pig survive without any teeth. Incisors and molars. And what kind of life would it be, not being able to sustain oneself without being hand-fed.

I feel like these are decisions we are likely to face this afternoon.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:36 am

If I remember, I think DaisyMay hand fed her pig Jessie for several years. I think Jessie had teeth issues as she definitely wasn't a lethal white piggy.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:45 am

We hand fed Fairy every day, morning and evening, sliced up salads and veg. But she could also eat unaided, hay and salad, she was a slow eater though and needed a top-up to keep her weight up!

To not be able to eat at all, to hand feed every hour or two, in the night as well . . . It's a horrid situation, I will be honest b

Zoe

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 am

Oh my. I hope someone has some success stories to share. You'll just have to take it one day at a time, I guess. I hope she'll learn to eat slop out of a low dish. Did Fairy have trouble drinking from the spout on a bottle? Fingers crossed little Merry has some usable teeth in the back. You can only do what you can do.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:53 am

Thanks, Zoe. Fairy didn't ever drink water, from a bottle or otherwise, we had to always make sure she had cucumber on the go.

I am holding on to your line, 'you can only do what you can do'.

Meeri-Ingrid

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:12 am

'you can only do, what you can do'

And I also say:

'You're doing, what you can do !'

Sending all my love to you and Little Meery-Baby.

[/i]

clairey

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:28 am

I do hope the vet finds some *useful* molars.

Have you contacted TEAS? http://www.teasnorthampton.co.uk/ I only know they exist because of hearing of them on here, but they care for several LWS pigs. I wonder if they've ever had one with no teeth.