Love Makes The Merry-Go-Round!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:27 pm

You and Ian are lovely lovely people. Everything you say is true. Merry got to know some of the joys of life and left to join Fairy on a high note.

Wheekers3

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:32 pm

She knew love and warmth, that is what matters most. I bet she zoomied right up to Fairy, who took her by the paw and they are sharing sweet chutterings about you and Ian and how lucky they were...

I'm so sorry Mildred and Ian. My heart breaks for you.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:17 pm

My wish for you and Ian is that you really feel this and aren't just saying the words. You are absolutely right: for the last two weeks, Merry's life has been everything it could be. She knew love, a fully tummy, companions, soft bedding, and the reassurance that is having someone respond to your mid-night wheeks. And then people who loved her made a responsible decision about her quality of life. This is a happy story, if short. I just know it can be really hard to FEEL that kind of happiness, in this kind of situation. So I wish for you both that you FEEL it today, in your guts, where the truth is.

Merry is thankful for you and so are we all.

Zoe

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:54 pm

Merry was one lucky little girl to fall into your world. I know you will go forth and continue to be the wonderful, loving people you are. A blessing to humans and animals alike. I've never met you, but I know you are good people. May you carry on. Good bye dear little Merry.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:18 pm

You and Ian are wonderful for taking her in and giving her warmth, food, love and comfort. Know that we grieve with you, but give thanks that you cared enough to make the end of her life so peaceful.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:56 pm

What AldenM1 said is so true.

I am sad life handed her such difficulties. But she was warm and fed and cared for, cared for enough to make the hard choices.

tashab

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:12 pm

I'm sorry you had to make that decision so soon Mildred.
Ian and yourself surely gave her a lovely two weeks in your care.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:36 pm

I'm so sorry to read that you had to make the difficult decision. It's not easy even when it's done with their best interest at heart. I'm glad that she had the opportunity to be surrounded by love (both human and piggy) and was kept well fed right to the end.

Little Merry, RIP and you will always be remembered.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:17 am

Thank you ALL so much. Your words, comments, support and thoughtfulness all mean such a lot to us both.

I DO hang on to the thought that Merry did know happiness for her short life with us. When I saw her in that pet shop at two weeks of age, my heart broke for her. To be told she was the runt of the litter and would live 'out the back with the retired mothers', I felt sick. It took some careful 'negotiations' on Ian's behalf with the pet shop to let us bring her home at 5 weeks old. Every day we were waiting I was worried for her. What they would do with her. But she came home. And always will I be thankful for That! We knew her outcome, she died with dignity. She had her life here.

Yes, my heart breaks and there are tears. But at least she had everything a little piggy deserves during her life here. And that means so much, and I am thankful xxxx

And thank YOU again xxx

minismama

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:39 am

Under the watchful eye of Fairy, cousin Merry was welcomed into a snuggly bundle by Boo, Scout, and Dill.

I am so sorry that you had to make that heartbraking decision.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:38 am

My vet once pointed out that guinea pigs live in the moment. Merry had 11 days of wonderful, happy moments with you & Ian, wiping away the previous 5 weeks. Her life was short, but the last days were paradise to her, I'm sure. And you gave her a gentle & humane end.

I'm sad, so I can imagine how hard this is for you and Ian, but you did right by her. Hugs.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Bookfan, that's really comforting. Thank you. I'm happy that she knew everything I mentioned earlier, plus the last few days she enjoyed a snooze after some of her feeds all 'sprawled out', a happy, comfy, full-up piggy!

I love the thought of that snugly bundle, mini'smama!

You have all been fantastic, thank you xx