Further Tales From The Pigpen

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:47 am

Ha ! In that second picture he's like "I WILL fit on this chair. I WILL, even if it isn't especially comfortable. Mmmpf."

clairey

Post   » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:50 pm

He gets there eventually but it takes a bit of 'mmmpf' and squishing and turning. Simon can just hop on and sprawl in any direction.

I'm hoping for the day they can be trusted with the big strawberry bed. It's adequately Graham-sized but it's too enclosed for them just now. I put it out during floor time one night and it began to move across the floor making angry noises as Graham got in and demanded Simon get out - while blocking the door with his large self.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:40 pm

I'm giggling just at that mental image.

It is funny when huts are involved. This morning I had the audacity to try to give Cookie a little scritch. She did a "no thank you!" bolt into the hunny jar, which is out currently, and immediately came right back out with a little half-hop that clearly said "WooHOOO!" as she bolted down the ramp. I thought it was a little weird because the hunny jar was all flopped over and did not, from the outside, appear to be occupied. But it was, clearly. I peeked inside and discovered it was full of Cici. Apparently Cookie had made the same mistake. :)

clairey

Post   » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:42 am

Baby, it's cold outside.

I didn't get a decent shot of them together. This time.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:35 am

Who made those cute little hats?

clairey

Post   » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:49 am

Innocent smoothies put little hats on their bottles in winter (for charity). Or they used to anyway, I've had the hats for years. In the past week or so, pictures of first Stephen and Alan and then Stephen and Bobbins popped up on my Facebook 'memories' thingy. Now it's Graham and Simon's turn.

goosey1019

Post   » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:51 am

Hehe. Simon's head tilt is so cute, well always, but especially when he's wearing a hat!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:51 pm

The hat does make the head-tilt extra adorable.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Oh, those are such great pics! Now's the time I would ask you if you wanted to submit them for the following year's calendar.

I may not be captioning, printing and mailing calendars but maybe I could provide a file for printing one's own GL calendar (with perhaps a donation to the board?).

Anyway - just a thought..

clairey

Post   » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:59 am

I think they're a bit dim/crappily lit for the calendar, Lynx. Scottish winter light and all. If there's going to possibly be another calendar, I can take the photos again in spring when there's actual light. I need to get a decent shot of them together in the hats anyway for posterity.

Simon is quite the little poser and his head tilt definitely adds to his cute. Meanwhile Graham kind of rolled his eyes at me and sank into a snoozing puddle. He really likes that fluffy blanket. I kept having to give him chinnies to get him to lift his head up.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:29 am

It is the captioning, printing, and mailing that are so much work.

If I could share a digital file instead so that members can print their own calendar, that would be infinitely easier!

Do take more pics. I am sad to see the calendar go but I hate the printers and worry and so much more.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:33 am

A digital calendar is a nice idea. You can also do them on third-party sites like Zazzle: you upload all the images, design the calendar from their template, and anyone interested orders them from that site.