C&C cage question: About the 'kitchen area'

marbles
Supporter in '09

Post   » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:02 am

I just have a med PVC pipe (about 2" thick) that I put down on the floor to separate the kitchen area. My pigs can easily jump or walk over it. I'm still playing around with it to figure out what works best for us, and it has been nice that it is so adjustable. I just move the pipe to change the size of the kitchen area and when I tried shavings and pine pellets, it contains it. I'm back trying to use a thin cling-free poly fabric in the kitchen & play area (sweeps really well, even hay and hair).

GuineaPigMother

Post   » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:47 pm

I am in progress of trying to make a C&C cage. I just need to know where i can buy the bottom pan to put on the bottom. Do you know where I can get one?

Finaldecember

Post   » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:50 pm

I found my coroplast at a sign store, but you might be lucky enough to find it at a home improvement store like Lowe's or an art supply store.

Alibabble

Post   » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Home Depot and Rona carries coroplast as well.

Bonilyn

Post   » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:45 pm

Greetings,
I will be a new owner of two females (one rescue) and I was proud that I purchased an extra large cage that is approx. 4'x 23" with balcony. After joining this forum and reviewing all the sprawling custom cages, I feel inadequate. I don't have the space to dedicate a larger area for a custom cage, however, I did purchase the cube system to make a floor time play area for the girls that will enable me to fold up and put away.

I am happy to see all the different kitchen areas and hope to figure something out for my cage using a litter pan and PVC connector. (Brilliant idea, thank you.) I will be using the fleece and hope to make my own pads for quick cleaning. Keeping the odor down is very important in my small home. Trying to keep expense down is a must also.
I am so happy to have found a community that can help with my newbie questions.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:33 am

Unsure how they used the PVC connector (on dialup right now and can't view all the pics in the previous page) but the bigger the better. PVC tubing sometimes is outgrown by guinea pigs. If it is something they would hide in, it would get messy fast.

Obfuscated

Post   » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:17 am

HOW did I not know about entirely separate kitchen areas until now?!

I do have to ask, has anyone had the problem of pigs moving into the kitchen area because that's where the food is, while ignoring the rest of the pen? I could totally see at least one of our girls doing that (Kaitlyn, looking at you...).

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:25 am

You've not noticed that some pigs are party pigs? And the kitchen is where all the action is?

Obfuscated

Post   » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:38 am

Oh, our pigs are all about the action. The actions of chewing and pooping, which is why I'm worried they'd all cram into this magical kitchen area and never leave.

29 posts