Veterinarian and Veterinary Dentist Recommendations

daveandtiff

Post   » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:14 am

NEW HAMPSHIRE

(Dr Messenger, who was known well for exotics care, retired Oct 2015; no exotics seen at this location at this time)
Fisherville Animal Hospital
108 Fisherville Road
Concord, NH 03303

They recommended:

Dr. Winifred Krogman
Northside Animal Hospital
574 Arah Street
Hooksett, NH 03106

Phone: 603-622-5299

daveandtiff

Post   » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:34 am

MASSACHUSETTS

Dr. Ruth Marrion (Ophthalmology)
Bulger Veterinary Hospital - IVG
247 Chickering Road
N Andover, MA 01845

Phone: 978-682-9905/ER: 978-725-5544
Fax: 978-975-0133

I believe she also makes rounds to:

IVG Metrowest
Strathmore Road
Natick, MA 01760

Phone: 508-319-2117
Fax: 508-319-2118

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Missouri - revision

Dr. Christopher Moritz is practicing at:

Creve Coeur Animal Hospital
12550 Olive Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63141
314-434-4300
crevecoeurvets dot com

Dr. Raelynn Kemp is already on your vet list at this location. That's where I got her name. We've been taking our pigs to her and a couple of other vets at this hospital for 7 years and I think they're the best.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:12 pm

Missouri - St. Louis area

Veterinary Specialty Services
1021 Howard George Dr.
Manchester, MO 63021
636-227-9400
vssstl dot com

"This is a multi-specialty referral-only practice and after-hours emergency facility."

We took Lucy there after hours for a pneumonia emergency visit and later for a bladder blockage due to a stone. They provided excellent care. My niece's cat was referred there several years ago for some ill-defined condition that was life-threatening illness. They took care of it & the cat is perfectly fine now.

Crazy4me

Post   » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:50 pm

Wisconsin- Menomonee Falls/Brookfield area

Brook-Falls Vet Hospital & Exotic Care
N48 W14850 Lisbon Road
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Phone:262-781-5277

This is a multiple practice clinic. However all vets are excellent. I took JoeJoe (Guinea Pig) for an office visit, and a spay for ovarian cyst. We saw Dr. Follett who owns her practice and I can't say enough about how wonderful she and her staff is.

Dr Follett has wrote a chapter in a veterinarian medicine book, along with speaking at the local humane society. She balanced my pigs need for pain control, while keeping her digestive system going after the surgery; she is a firm believer that sometimes less is more.

The staff is great about returning your calls, doesn't keep you waiting in the waiting room; they get you in an exam room in 5 minutes. The technicians are caring and gentle.

The facility is clean, welcoming with a coffee machine. They even have coloring books in the exam rooms for children to pass the time. After your visit you get a copy of the office visit, including diagnosis, further instructions, recommendations, and estimates for recommended procedures.

I can go on and on. They can be a bit pricey but that practice is worth it; they are all wonderful.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:46 am

The veterinarian recommendations have been moved from the GLX Files (wiki) to the Records forum, and are now easier to read!

For anyone who has a moment, please take a look at the listings for your state or country, and let me know if you have any changes or additions.

Also, these are the states that do not have any listings for veterinarians:
  • Alaska
  • Delaware
  • Idaho
  • Montana
  • North Dakota
  • Oklahoma
  • Wyoming
It would be nice to have some recommendations for those locations. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:57 pm

Yes, please, more recommendations and check vets in your state in case you know something about them or have used them!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:05 pm

I really should include the link:

Veterinarian Recommendations

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:10 pm

I have a question - do you think we should have two categories, American Veterinarians and International Veterinarians?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:12 pm

Might make it a little easier, since there is a long list of locations.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Yes. My biggest problem is trying to add countries and specify the order. When a new forum is added, it goes to the bottom. Or if all international listings were below the states listing, that could work too.

Which would you prefer, Talishan? Tracis? bpatters?

Two categories or one;
if one, which group on top (international or american).

Anyone else can weigh in if they wish.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:30 pm

Could you add by continent, and then countries within the continents? That would give it some order.