Bouncing Boars

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:27 pm

I'm so sorry about Batman. He was such a cutie.

Breadfan4

Post   » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:38 pm

Sorry to read of Batman's passing. RIP little piggy.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:15 pm

So sorry for your loss of Batman. I had always loved looked at his photos. He was a gorgeous boar.

karalianne
Supporter in '12

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:17 pm

So last September we lost Luther suddenly, and then after illness and teeth issues in October we lost Bubble. Right before Christmas I was concerned about Squeak's and George's weight as they had both lost more than I liked, so I implemented some suggestions and they started gaining.

This morning I went in to feed them veggies and George wasn't looking so great. He didn't come to check out the veggies and was huddled in a cavy cave looking miserable. I checked him over, he had become impacted so I cleaned him up and when I put him back in the cage he was quite shaky so I lifted him into the cave. He was very listless and not very interested in food at all. I could tell that he was on his way to the Bridge and that trying to force feed him at this point would just be traumatizing. I chose to let him go at his own time and checked in periodically.

About an hour ago I went in to check and he had gotten out of the cave and was lying on the floor of the cave, not on his side though. He was still breathing but barely. I let Squeak say goodbye and then I picked up George, who let out a little grunt. I put him in his carrier and closed the door. He tensed a little and then he was gone.

He turned six last week, so I'm pretty sure this was age-related. He wasn't ill at all and there was no thrashing like I see with illness and stuff. He was happy to go, I think. Now he's playing with his brother over the Rainbow Bridge, which I'm sure he prefers to sharing a cage with Squeak.

I'm now on the lookout for a young male to share with Squeak. He's 5 and a half and hasn't slowed down at all so I think a baby would be fantastic for him.

It is so weird to have just one guinea pig in the house after so many years of three or four.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:01 pm

I'm so very sorry about George. Rest in peace, little one.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:40 pm

I am so sorry you lost him. The sad part of having guinea pigs is that they do not live longer, healthier lives.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm very sorry you lost George.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:24 am

I'm sorry to hear about George. :(

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:11 am

So sorry for your loss of George.