It all started with Gordy...

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:42 am

Hello all! Long time no see!

I've decided that I'm never going to catch up with this chronicle, but I also don't want to not share my beasties with you all, so I'm just going to skip forward to the present.

But, not before briefly mentioning this little guy. Isn't he the cutest?!!

Spencer wasn't with us for very long, but that doesn't mean he wasn't part of the family and we didn't love him, and be always entertained by him.

We fostered him after a friend had to rehome him. He was a lone boy who needed company. We had Anselmo who was a lone boy, but a bit fussy with company.

So, we gave it a whirl and they clicked brilliantly, they loved each other.

Unfortunately during a routine vet check up we discovered a massive growth inside him, and during an exploratory, possibly removal surgery we had no choice but to let him go. The growth was far too complex and too advanced.

We miss him lots, but we are thankful for the few months of fun (and exercise) he gave to Anselmo.

I'll reintroduce the current bunch of beasts shortly, with an up to date photo of them all (now I've managed to get flickr working on my phone)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:27 pm

Yes, another of your lovely boars that I remember from your older threads. I'm glad he got to spend his last days with a friend and in your wonderful care.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:32 am

He was a funny little boy GP_mum. One of the few pigs that I've had that you could sort of class as a lap pig. He wasn't cuddly but he was more than happy to use you as a pillow.

Right, so introduction time.

Firstly, we have Anselmo. He likes this comfort as you can possibly tell from the photo taken of his this past weekend.
He's around 6 ish, I adopted him in June 2010 and he weighed 1kg so I'm guessing he was around 8-12 months old when I got him.

He's a tough old boot, that has had 2 bladder stone surgeries and so has a limited diet these days, which doesn't stop him weighing the most out of my current 3 (He loves his hay).

He also has an allergy (possibly) problem so has a nebuliser, which he hates so I have to do it when he's having his veg to distract him from chewing the box. He has managed to chew through the tube though!

He's very grumpy and doesn't like my other two boys and so lives alone. He'll let you pet him for a few minutes then he decides to give you a warning nip. He bites the vet too, but she still thinks he's a handsome boar.

He's a master at getting into places he shouldn't be, and I've found him inside a zipped up bag, in Jon's cage, and also wrapped up in a towel next to a frozen water bottle.

We didn't think he's still be with us and sort of expected Xmas 2014 to be his last because of his repeated stone surgeries, but he's still here!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Secondly we have Jon Snow. Adopted from BamBam and Hilary Holmes, when they were fostering some piggies. He has a brother called Marshall, who wle312 has.

He'll be 3 on June 15, he shares a birthday with my Dad!

He's a funny little chap, loves to popcorn and jump around (ending up on his side sometimes).

He's not a cuddler and will desperately try to get off your lap as soon as possible.

My boyfriend calls him his "son" and had really fallen for him. I think it was the PEW thing. He also calls him "ratt", Jon doesn't seem to care, as long as he gets fed he's happy

Only this weekend he's learnt a new trick, climbing up the bathroom step, my boyfriend is very impressed.

He was originally part of a trio with Anselmo and another piggy Toki, but after Toki died the duo didn't work out. I adopted Podrick (who's up next) and it worked for a while. Until Jon's rumblestrut activated at about 2 years old. He lives on his own in a 2 x7 so he has lots of jumping room.

I'm planning on trying to bond him and Podrick again soon. Unfortunately I've just failed an exam so am having to prioritise revising for a few months but hopefully I'll find a spare weekend to try

Jon Snow in Space!!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:11 pm

And last but not least is Podrick Payne.

He'll be turning 2 any time soon (somewhere between Jan and March we think). He was adopted from webs as company for Anselmo and Jon Snow.

Although they currently live separately due to a nasty fight in Sept last year he really loves company, so he lives next door to Anselmo, with a perspex wall between them. He loves to watch him.

Podrick is a funny little guy. He was quite nervous for a very long time but is finally coming out of his shell.

He's our lap pig, although he does seem to like to pee on my boyfriend.

He's still quite quiet when he's out of the cage and doesn't do a lot of wandering during floor time but he's a completely different pig when he's in his cage. He has some very impressive dance moves when he's rumbling and possibly the stinkiest bottom in the world!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:32 pm

What a great bunch of guinea pigs you have - not to mention a very persuasive pig supplier!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Ah Podrick. What a handsome boar. He's looking quite relaxed in the photo.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:35 am

He's getting so much better. I can stroke him and pick him up when he's in his cage, and he's getting much calmer at lap time. He does tend to get flatter and flatter when you stroke him though. Puddle o' Pod

I didn't get a photo of it (well I did but they're all blurry) but I was entertained this morning when at 6:30am I was greeted by Anselmo standing up at his bars waving his nose around looking for his breakfast. Sometimes we wonder how he's still around. 2 bladder stone surgeries, he takes 3 medications/supplements a day, and now he has a nebulister "steam" for 20 mins a day. Yet there he is, being the "sparky boar" as my boyfriend calls him.

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:38 am

Aw, how sweet. Sparkly says it all, I think.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:59 am

This is what I come home too on a regular basis. Podrick Payne, the little monster. He took things to another level by flipping his box too, and managing to stand his tube up over the top of his pellet dish!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:02 am

Not sure if this will work as I've not posted a flickr video before, but this is what my boyfriend has been spending one of his days doing:

Presenting Jon Snow, climbing whizz!

VID-20160126-WA0000

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue May 03, 2016 2:49 pm

Video worked! Loved it. Jon is way too cute!