Further Tales From The Pigpen

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:16 pm

I always thought it was noteworthy because the hats in particular only happened to Snickers. Even Albert's fuzzy fuzz didn't seem to attract and keep hay. Snick was like a little ball of hay velcro!

clairey

Post   » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:09 am

Graham tends to tuck it into his mullet.

Crazy pig lady strikes again. A stumbling block in Graham and Simon's friendship is Simon's reluctance to have anyone touching his head or ears. There's no actual problem but I imagine he had ear drops and pain and all sorts of manhandling when he got the head tilt so he's developed an aversion to having his head messed with. Not to mention it might make him dizzy.

Graham really likes to give and receive ear grooms. After nearly 6 months Simon will still only let him have one nibble before shaking him off. It makes G quite frustrated because he's trying to be nice.

So I've begun nuzzling Simon's ears and face while he's all relaxed on my chest. He's getting quite used to it and trusts me not to hurt him now. I can only hope it helps him trust Graham too.

(I think Simon's tilt has probably caused a few misunderstandings between them. It definitely makes Simon look like he's nosing off violently sometimes when he's actually just looking around. And when he is nosing off, his face ends up not pointed where it should be which is probably a bit baffling when you're on the receiving end.)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:53 pm

You are so thoughtful/creative!

I hope the nuzzling helps!

tashab

Post   » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:31 pm

Poor Graham. I hope he clues in to what Simon is trying to tell him.

serelixyue

Post   » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:31 am

Aww, Simon.

clairey

Post   » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:09 pm

I got distracted while cleaning the pigs and forgot to put Fleece Fronds of Safety in. The fronds apparently make it safe to sleep in the open. In this trying circumstance, Simon apparently thought there was nothing else for it but to don his hat and carry on.

#BeLikeSnickers

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:22 pm

What a sweet picture!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:29 pm

AWWWW! It's true that the original hat was a Hat of Bravery. Hay is good for that!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:35 am

chock likes to cover him self in hay on a regular basis. Silly piglet...

clairey

Post   » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:53 am

It's clearly not snuggling because one pig is in the hay tray and one isn't but, um, yeah.

Each time their relationship reaches a new level of harmony, they both put on weight. :) All their weight losses and gains since they've been together have mirrored each other - it's fascinating. Currently Graham is 1390g (3lb mark reached and breached!) and Simon is 1180g.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:33 am

Very observant! Awww, they are too sweet!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:17 pm

life wouldnt be life with out pigs i think.