The Iowa Caucuses!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:41 am

Big day here as thousands show up to caucus in Iowa!

If you live in Iowa, be involved! Today is the day!

And if you are a Bernie supporter, bring all your friends and relatives ;-)

A couple pages to read in case you are a Dem, torn between Bernie and Hillary:

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/1/30/1477278/-The-Clintons-Really-Are-Out-Of-Our-League
http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/1/31/1477674/-Enough

They are not the same. IMO, only one will really be fighting for me.

lisam

Post   » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Bernie!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:48 pm

Now all I need to do is convince my husband!

lisam

Post   » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:26 pm

My husband always votes Republican. But I have two of the three kids on my side!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:40 pm

Fortunately, he will not be voting Republican - but I am hoping to persuade him to vote for the more forward thinking, can't-be-bought, on-my-side candidate Bernie!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:58 am

Wow, all caucused out. We're a Bernie household, and hope there is still a contest in April when the primary comes to town.

Will Trump fizzle out, or stage a massive comeback?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:44 am

There is an article online about Trump: "Trump reacts to getting shlonged in Iowa".

Hoping the s word shows up associated with Trump only and shows up again and again in the primary :-)

And way to go Bernie! I hope the mainstream media starts paying more attention to him now.

Crazy4me

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:18 am

I too hope the mainstream media starts paying more attention to Bernie. What he said, is what he says now, his message is clear and unwavering. He doesn't seem distracted and stays the course.

Even if you don't really like him, he is motivating the younger folks to get out and vote. He has opened my eyes to a lot of issues that affect me, and the younger generation. I think Iowa is a momentum swing in the right direction for Bernie. I got to say it: feel the burn!!!

Wheekers3

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:41 pm

I just wish he were a little younger, his coloring looks like he might have cardio-pulmonary issues. Too bad they're not health certified. I don't want him to croak mid-term.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:43 pm

Well, at least we know that Trump is certified to have amazing, awesome health. The best on the planet!

Wheekers3

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:58 pm

Well, duh, look at that hair! He must go through 2 big cans of hairspray in a week. I'm dying to see him wet. Hah! Trumps a rump!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:11 pm

So had anyone heard more about the coin tosses that gave precincts to Hilary. Is that true?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:38 pm

http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/Decoder/2016/0202/The-tw ... s-vote-video

Look especially at the second (84) number.

Younger GL members (18-44) -- if you support Bernie, get out and vote. Away at school? Haven't registered? Haven't updated since three apartments ago? That's cool; that happens. But get registered, get updated, and get out and vote this time. You are Bernie's core and he really, really needs you to make the effort!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:07 am

No kidding! This is your world, your future, and the future of your children!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:55 am

Re: voting - in many states you cannot vote in the primary unless you are registered to vote with a party affiliation. Mr. is registered Republican so he can vote for the the least offensive front runner. When it comes down to his vote for President, he chooses whoever he likes best, regardless of party.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:07 pm

RavenShade, that's the way it is here. I vote party in the primary; for the person in the general election.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:54 pm

RS, I'm curious: this year, who is the least offensive of this group? They are all pretty whack!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:05 pm

The only Republican of the current group that I would even consider voting for, if I absolutely had to, is Kasich. The others are god-awful candidates, and we'd be screwed for years if one of them got elected.

I'm all for Bernie, but could live with Hillary without complaining too much.

I thoroughly agree with Robert Reich that Hillary is the best candidate for the government we've got, but Sanders is the best candidate for the government we ought to have. I just want to move us along to the one we ought to have, and not settle for what we've got.

GPIG

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:33 pm

Can someone tell me what is good about Bernie? And I mean that sincerely, not sarcastically. I don't follow politics so I don't know anything about the candidates that aren't media people like Trump, Hillary and Bob's Big Boy Christie.

What makes him different than the other "politicians"

Edit: oops I was going to add or does anyone have a link broadly outlining positions, but I see Lynx has kindly added one. So that should explain - thanks

29 posts