Snickerspants Vol. 7: A New Day

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:56 am

Jezabelle is wearing a whole hay bonnet. Actually she's doing one of Snick's favorite things, the "eat from within" and "nap where you snack" combo!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:02 pm

As for Snick's own herd... we're doing okay. And pretty much as expected. Team Snowflake is keeping pretty much to themselves. I think they like each other because it's a fairly low-demand relationship. Cookie just likes doing her own thing -- but with company nearby. And Miss Victoria Whiskers... well, I don't know about her. She's fairly aggressive when she wants something, like a hut or a tasty piece of hay. But she doesn't seek out conflict, so she's not really a bully. And right now she's doing a mysterious weight loss thing that I'll have to keep an eye on.

Anyway, Team Snowflake has mostly been monopolizing the man-cave (lady-cave now, I guess?) downstairs, and Miss Cici has been rattling around upstairs by herself. In order to encourage fraternization, I took away the downstairs hay rack, so if the ladies want a snack they have to come upstairs and be friendly to Cici. Or at least be NEAR Cici.

But yesterday they decided to mix it up. I'm not sure who made the move on the other's territory first, but Team Snowflake was all about the upstairs...

...and Cici was at least trying to imply she had taken over the man-cave on purpose.

"Mwahaha, it's all mine."

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:26 pm

I hope Miss Whiskers stops slimming down!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:36 am

What nice tribute pictures! Thanks for posting the one of my Jezabelle. Snickers was truly a special Top Pig. <3

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:10 am

Love the pictures. Sorry to hear about Snickers. Love Ms Pom Pom, one crazy hair do. Sending massive hugs and carrotts to you all.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:29 am

so sorry for your pigs passing. Glad you still have pigs though. My life would be totally different If chock wasnt in it i know that for sure.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:21 am

GuineaPiggin's Peppin and Chester contemplated nibbling on a hay scarf.

And TexCavy's Chutney (who is a chocobutt) not only donned a Hay Hat but also honored Snickers's favorite Put All The Hay On The Floor activity.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:38 pm

Well, as I expected, Not-So-Little Miss Cici is shaping up to be my next Very Funny Pig. Of the girls, Cici lived with Snickers the longest, and therefore absorbed the most goofiness. Yesterday she spent most of the morning in the cookie jar, but just after I got home I happened to see Victoria shove her out. Vickie is very, very good at shoving other pigs around, especially in huts, even if there's more than enough room for two pigs. And she does it so smoothly that I suspect there must be nipping involved.

So poor Cici came out of the hut in a hurry and grumbling loudly. She turned around and whined but Vickie didn't reply, especially not by giving up the hut. I could almost see the wheels turning in Cici's head. Then she walked around to the back of the hut and started wedging herself between the hut and the wall, shoving the cookie jar full of VW over about six inches in total. She might not be able to be in the hut, but she was going to have the spot!

Today is freezing again, so I heated up all four heating disks and placed them around the cage. I have never, ever seen Cookie SPRAWL -- I'm not even sure I've seen her pancake. But this right here is a sprawl. I imagine that it came with an "Ahhh."

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:56 pm

And here's another picture from a Snickers fan... it's Ted Edward Boar in his Hay Cave of Masculinity (from minismama!).

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:32 pm

Haha! Hay cave of masculinity! I love teddies!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:01 am

He does look like his texture would be much like Snickers's, which in my mind is a Very Good Thing.

That's the one way in which Cici isn't going to be able to step up to the Snickers plate. Well, okay, there are probably a couple ways, because she is her own lady and I'm not putting that pressure on her. But also the hair.

Isn't the picture of her wedged in pushing VW's hut away funny? I don't want it to get lost on the last page!!

clairey

Post   » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:47 am

I could see Cici and Vickie becoming quite the competitive double act. :) I'm glad Cici is taking her on in her own very special way.