The Iowa Caucuses!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:45 pm

GPIG, Bernie's website lays out his positions pretty clearly -- berniesanders.com.

The things I like best about him are:

-- He's not bought and paid for by big money. He refuses to have a PAC.
-- His positions have been remarkably consistent for years. He's not trying to reshape himself according to polls, or what other people think.
-- He's determined to get big money out of politics.
-- He's determined to make corporations pay their fair share of taxes. He will, I believe, go after the corporations who hide billions of dollars in foreign shelters to keep from paying taxes on them. And he'll work to end rebates to companies that pay no income tax to begin with.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:20 am

Interesting article in the Washington Post on where each candidate's money is coming from:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/campaign-finance/

GPIG

Post   » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:21 am

All things I'd like to see, thanks bpatters.

From the little I've seen of him he at least appears genuine.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:03 am

Go to www.feelthebern.com for an overview of his positions.

He has also been fighting for veteran's benefits for a long time.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:30 am

Yes, I forgot about the veterans stuff, Lynx. John McCain recently complimented him highly for his work for veterans.

GPIG

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:36 am

Thank you for the links, I've read them and especially like his position on veterans benefits.

As I mentioned, I don't follow politics but I at least try to find out a little about the candidates before I cast my vote, I still feel I should vote.

I hope I have the opportunity to vote for Bernie. This is a very strange election indeed, Donald Trump? I heard on the radio he’s not accepting that he lost and is accusing Cruz of rigging the voting in Iowa somehow. He’s like a rich spoiled child.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:59 am

He is, no doubt about it. Ted Cruz did do some problematic things. He sent out a fraudulent mailer ahead of the caucuses, and then his campaign hinted that Ben Carson was dropping out and his supporters should move to Cruz.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:03 am

Here is more about Cruz' dishonesty, courtesy of The Des Moines Register.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:45 pm

I can't read them now (crappy internet) but hope to later. I didn't know there was anything behind the claim. Cruz sounds sleezy!

29 posts