curious intact boar needs new home with cagemates

Cithalm

Post   » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:55 pm

Cecil is a one year old american guinea pig who needs a new home with other male guinea pigs. He was raised with a rescued abyssinian cage mate who has passed on due to age. Looking for a home with lots of snuggles and burrowing opportunities. Located in East Texas. Please contact by text (903)754 0848

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Perhaps you could put up a picture?

Cithalm

Post   » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:38 pm

[expired link]

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:21 pm

He looks like a really cool little pig.

I can throw in some coffee and gas money if it will help a good GL'er take him. Send me a message through the mailer if you don't see me here.

Cithalm

Post   » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:01 pm

really would like to find Cecil here a home. lost Reggie (his cagemate) and Fred (5yo betta fish) within 24 hours of each other and i dont feel like i'm giving him enough attention/playtime/interaction. he's trying to go off his food.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:41 am

Start weighing daily right now. You sure don't want him to start losing weight! It can indicate he is ill and not eating can contribute to other problems.

www.guinealynx.info/.html
www.guinealynx.info/.html

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:46 pm

Ditto Lynx.

If you get desperate, contact Texas Rustlers rescue --

http://www.theguineapigrescue.com/

They may be able to give you additional suggestions and help in placing him safely.

In my experience sometimes (not always, but sometimes) the first week or two are the worst for a newly-alone pig. If you can give him some additional time, attention and support now, he may 'stabilize' until you can find him a good, safe home.

https://www.guinealynx.info/alone.html

ph08fhf

Post   » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:56 am

I'd suggest rearranging his cage (moving toys, food, hay etc around) and changing his feeding schedule a bit in addition to giving extra attention. I've had some success with this in newly solo pigs before; the cage changes makes it less apparent that there's someone missing.

Cithalm

Post   » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:06 pm

home has been found with two cagemates, an abyssinian and a skinny. thanks guys

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:37 pm

Thanks for the update.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Good news! Yes, thanks for the update.

ph08fhf