There's Magic in the Fur!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:45 am

It looks like such a friendly library!

clairey

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:45 am

Cute! Alden had a little free library (I dunno if she still does).

Betty looks like she's going to grow up to be a substantial sort of pig.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:29 pm

what breeds are your pigs sweets? Can anyone help out with the picks? Chocks a teddy pig and as his breed suggests hes very cuddly and soft natured.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:18 pm

They are mostly mixtures of different breads I think. Betty is mainly Swiss though. Flo is long haired, we trim her, like a Sheltie or similar! I am not very good at breeds!

Substantial is just the right word for Betty, clairey!!!

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:54 pm

I think Marigold (not pictured) was a texel. She had the most fantastic coat I've ever seen--I would have loved to have cuddled her. Mariella, one of the most beautiful pigs who ever lived,was a sheltie.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:53 am

aww they all sound so sweet. I am alergic to long haird animals so i tend to go for short or mid length coated animals. still i had a alergy to my seeing eye dogs coat and her hair wasnt long at all. The issue with her was she shed a lot and the build up use to make my lungs and chest rattle something terible as i am asmatic too which never helped.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:08 am

wow Betty has certainly blossomed but am sure that's all fuff. Also congrats on setting the free library. What a great idea.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:50 am

that is a nice idea.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:11 am

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or are there 2 pigs on the cottage roof? Oinker pigs NOT wheeker pigs!

Rebelfemme2

Post   » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:21 am

It's hard to tell, but I think they might be foxes or dogs, if they are not pigs.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:07 am

I can't quite tell from the angle, but I think that they used to have an owl and a pussycat on the roof. There were some lovely photos posted when the roof was getting re-thatched.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:25 am

I think it is an owl & pussycat as in the poem
"The owl and the pussycat went to sea
in a beautiful pea-green boat..."

I looked at the Little Library website & found there's one just a few miles away. I had to take some hay my pigs won't eat to a wildlife rescue nearby & was going right past the street. Took a little detour & there was the Little Library. So cute.