Marble and Ebony: Forever Home Found

Rebelfemme2

Post   » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi everyone. I finally managed to get a photo. Though I doubt it is of great quality, it's from my phone.

It's Marble on the left, Ebony on the right, having some fun at playtime with a willow ball.

So you can probably see by now why Marble is named as he is! Hope you all like my fluffies.

Rebelfemme2

Post   » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:09 pm

It doesn't surprise me, Maddy, that Chock's so in tune with you. The more attached they are to their owners the more they can sense their moods. I still find it wonderful, however, that he does what he does for you, having trained himself to do that.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:37 am

hes a very clever and special pig. I got him 3 months after i was discharged from a mental unit where i was kept in for a year and a half before getting out. That was november 2012 and i got chock in the feb of 2013 so its his birthday coming up soon. The end of this month actually. will just have to spoil him some more haha

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:43 am

chock has lots of different wheeks that he does. I have a furry doorbell when someone walks up the path who he likes he will put up a storm of wheeking till they come and say hello. He also wheeks when its time for pills or if i have missed one He has a wheek for that. he also has a wheek to ask to come out for time in his pen. One for more hay or for food topping up. There are more wheeks on the list but i think you get the idea hahah

Rebelfemme2

Post   » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Settling In

Human's Diary
Well, things are going from good to great, to amazing. Sorry it's taken so long to post: I've been either with my pigs or asleep. My life isn't usually that narrow in scope but with a bad chest this week I've had to make do.

Both pigs are making big strides in trusting me, and Ebony in particular seems to like cuddles throughout the day. And at night, if she can get them. Marble is becoming less bossy/ prone to run away when it is time to come out.

Ebony's Diary
Ok, so, my human seems to have gotten the point that I am involved in the top secret job of being lookout. She used to sit there and look at me, all puzzled, then put hay on my platform. Which of course just gets in my way, and reduces stretching area. After a week of me trying to show her hay goes on the floor, she bought this "hay manger" thing. *sigh* So now I have to pull it down out of that.

Another thing to add to the daily list...Anyway, squad-mate codename "Marble" appears to be improving in health from his scent, and all verbal reports confirm that. I have seen him once or twice from a distance and all seems to be well enough for him to do some brief stints on guard duty.

This allowed me to relax enough to get some sleep on the human, who has a very comfortable dewlap up top. She seems to find it amusing that I like to snuggle down in her "top." Whatever that is. Part of her fur I guess. More reports next time.

Marble's Diary
Right...well I have been really really busy eating everything and anything I can get hold of. Got to get my strength back up, my arse was starting to lose its cool roundness. The other male in the house is bigger...he must have eaten a whole bushel of peppers to get that big. He's not as good looking as me, but you can't be too careful.

I've both rumblestrutted at him and stared at him regularly to make sure he knows who is boss. I threw some jumping about playfully in just to show him I'm not an unreasonable guy. My campaign to demonstrate how much I hate medications is in full swing, but now they've brought in some thing they wrap me up in. It's just embarrassing to let Ebony see me like that, but she seems quite impressed with my jumps to get into my cage.

I can get some distance on those babies...I bet she's thinking about me now. Yup. Life is good.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:39 pm

aww thats so cute and funny at the same time. More reports!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:27 pm

*Laughing Out Loud!*

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:34 am

How sweet. Commando piggies. Nicely written! I could picture the pictures doing everything written. More updates please!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:22 am

very good writers your pigs are. Chock should take a lefe out of their book. Wish he wrote as well as your two.

Rebelfemme2

Post   » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry its been a while but things have been pretty nuts here. Marble has decided that he is Super Pig and that he can fly to get into his cage. When the door is shut. My job is apparently to catch him before he discovers that he cannot pass through solid objects just by sticking out his front paws. He seems to be convinced that this is so.

He has also given me grey hairs by stuffing a whole cucumber slice in his mouth and trying to swallow it with minimal chewing. And then starting to cough and wheeze. Enter Cavy Slave to get it out of his mouth and restore breathing. Cavy Slave has now learned to cut treats into tiny pieces before giving them to Marble. He just loves that stuff.

Also, Ebony decided to imitate her squad mate and try for the Superpig role. Unfortunately I was unable to stop her falling and she landed on her chest. A hospital visit followed which made Cavy Slave somewhat poorer, and very much greyer, and also mightily tested her resolve as she's quit smoking lately for piggy benefit as well as her own. She is undamaged apart from some bruising.

Both will now be carried around in carriers in the house. For my sanity's sake.

Marble is to have an xray tomorrow to rule out bladder stones. I decided to just say "screw it, let's get it done" as well as various urine tests, one of which came back as "inconclusive". More pee needed! Yaaaay!

Ebony will be going back to the vets on the same day as I worry about gas. So at least they can keep each other company on the new mission to the dreaded V.E.T.

I apologise if this post doesn't make sense. Cavy Slave needs more sleep....Now she is going to scrub the playroom floor.. again..[/url]

Rebelfemme2

Post   » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Yeah I meant to add this in... What Happened To Ebony.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:09 am

ooo your pigs have worryde you greatly. So sorry for this. Think they all have a pact to wind up and worry their owners senceless