TONS of pigs in the Bay Area - MONTEREY HAS MORE!

Teresa

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:49 pm

The Monterey SPCA STILL has around 100 guinea pigs from the rescue in August of last year that need homes.

AND they just got in 20 more babies from ONE woman. They are a variety of breeds and from a few different litters and generations of litters.

I can´t take any more in as I now have 60! Double what I want to have.

If there are any west coasters willing to take a few, please post and we´ll see about a piggie train.

pinta

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:50 pm

Can you get any up to Vancouver?

Teresa

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:52 pm

I´m sure we could, how many dozen would you like?

Teresa

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:52 pm

What about customs?

pigpal

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:06 pm

I´ll gladly participate in driving pigs to destinations beyond the Bay Area, even out of state. I´ve been yearning for a road trip for a while, this may be just the incentive I need.

If anyone´s interested in pigs let us know and we´ll try to arrange transportation.

pinta

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:11 pm

Pigs can travel over the border with no problems.

Teresa

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:20 pm

GREAT! I´m sure Briana will help, too.

Was that 3 dozen, you said?

briana d

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:00 pm

I´m always up for a piggy transport!! Hmmm...I have a week of vacation coming up too .

Teresa

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:13 pm

Absolutely! Wouldn´t want to do it any other way. Hoping we get more people interested. If we don´t, I´ll start making some proactive phone calls to people in other areas. And if anyone here knows of possible candidates in other areas, it would help to have help with the phone calls.  :)

pinta

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:28 pm

At the risk of sounding crazy has anyone thought of contacting the big pet stores that already have adoption centres for cats and dogs and asking if they can show some Monterrey pigs there for a couple of days directing adopters to the right place to apply for pigs?

So many people have no idea there are homeless pigs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:39 pm

Take along some care pamphlets. And pics of your marvelous cages.

pinta

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:43 pm

Or set up a display of the right pig products from the store to show the stores it could be profitable for them to include other animals in their adoption centre.

Do the pet stores carry creative cubes? Has anyone ever asked them to?