How painfully adorable!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:07 pm

Yeah, what they said!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:17 pm

For the record, too, y'all: I'm not the one who brought up divorce issues (this time!). My husband has been very good about giving over the dining room table for Miss Lil Pouf's quarantine cage and even about the concept of her staying. He knows I'm headed for a year of sad losses, in all likelihood, and knows that sometimes things just happen. The cage equilibrium is best at 4 and we'll head back there, but right now it might be 5 for a little while.

He has, however, wrinkled his nose at every name I've run by him. And when reporting on her behavior, he's calling her "Gopher." I told him he can't just call a new pig by the old pig's name and he looked thoughtful for a moment and then said okay, he'd call her "Gopher Junior."

That said, I think her official name -- assuming, again, that she isn't a surprise boy! -- will be Truvy. Truvy P. Butterbean, where the P is of course for Pouf.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:32 pm

ZOMG the cuteness is almost unbearable. Geez, I go away for the weekend and I miss this. Lil T. P. Butterbean is about the cutest thing on the planet!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:11 pm

Huh! For some reason husband keeps telling me to "back away from the edge!" ;o) Just because I told him once or twice it's Adopt a Rescued Guinea Pig Month...

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:01 am

(Maddy: please imagine a guinea pig not quite as long as your palm, covered in tiny curls so she ends up being completely round like a little fuzzy ball. Or just imagine the cutest thing you've ever imagined, that'll do. In one of the pictures she is sitting in a teacup, which just magnifies the cuteness a million billion times.)

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:07 am

Okay that is IT! I am getting my other half to build a boat and we are coming to pignap that little heart melting sweetheart. What a little angel! I just want to stare at the pictyres and drool like Homer Simpson when he thinks of doughnuts! If she suddenly disappears it wasn't me! Heh Heh Heh.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:20 am

What a sweet little ball of fur!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:39 pm

While I mostly do hope she's a girl and sticks around, I mostly just really want her status resolved because she badly needs another pig. I'm not sure she understands veggies -- the only ones she'll eat are carrots, and while I've seen her nibble on hay she seems mostly perplexed by that too. And she just sits in her sack most of the time. I can't wait to see her play and grow into a real little pig!

clairey

Post   » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:18 am

Is today the day you find out for sure?

I so hope she doesn't have a penis.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:45 pm

What if it turns you you actually DO have a hamster? ;-)

Hoping for very good news on the Butterbean front.