Baby Male Piggy (Black, born Jan '16) (Marlborough MA)

daveandtiff

Post   » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:33 am

This piggy person appears to live a couple of miles from me and I've reached out to her. Her ad was posted 16hrs ago, so she may still need to find a home for her boy. Will keep you updated on her response, but in the meantime, am posting her ad here to get a head start ~
(To respond to her personally via Craigslist, use: 5bswc-5507913710@comm.craigslist.org)
Free young guinea pig (Marlborough)
If you have someone that would like a guinea pig I have a young male that was borne in January of this year. I just purchased him and I didn't realize how much care he would need. He seems to like to sit on my lap. I have to catch him first. He makes quiet chirping sounds when I pet him while on my lap and he is very vocal about needing to get back into his cage to go to the bathroom. He is all black.

I spent $147.00 for everything but I will give him and everything he needs away for free to a good home.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:35 am

Got a picture? I looked at the Boston Craigslist and found these cute little guys (New Hampshire) http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pet/5508472927.html

daveandtiff

Post   » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:38 am

I'm still waiting for a reply for the Marlborough piggie fam, JaneDoe.

And yes, I saw these babies, too...so adorable!! However, I was going to ask someone here...it seems they are listed by a breeder? Does anyone know New Hampshire Feathers Fluff n Stuff? Associated with the phone number they list. FB page: https://www.facebook.com/New-Hampshire- ... =page_info

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:30 pm

D&T, please let us know if you hear back. A baby being given away for free is in prime danger of becoming reptile food.

Thank you for contacting them.

daveandtiff

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:32 am

Yes, Talishan, I reached out to them again just now. Being right down the road, it would be quite easy to have him come with us, and Uli is the next town up from us, so we could get him to a loving home in no time if they are interested in the assistance.

daveandtiff

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:20 am

Response just received. Someone went to pick him up yesterday. Hopefully all will be well with his future...

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Glad to hear it. Let's hope so.

daveandtiff

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:22 pm

Yes, hoping, JaneDoe

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:54 pm

Ditto.

D&T, again, thanks for contacting the CL poster.

If you're up for it -- check the CL that covers this area periodically. Just keep an eye out, if you're able to. My gut hunch is that little black pig is some kid's Easter present, and may very well reappear on CL in a few weeks.

daveandtiff

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Oh, so you are online, and we are (about to be) ships in the night (see other posting from a few seconds ago under medical addressed to you ;)). Yes, I will be looking more as I am able. And yes, this is the season for that, very frustrating.

I did get a couple of emails from this piggie's former Mom (She misses him. He went to a teenager, whose eyes lit up when seeing him. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a loving bond and good care for him, with the help of her parents. I did suggest former owner possibly be in touch over this week to see how things are going. She did seem okay with this girl taking him home, though she had almost wanted to change her mind as he seemed suddenly more bonded with her (former owner).) Thought you and others would be interested in knowing.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:54 pm

Keep an eye out, and please keep us posted. Teenager may get disenchanted when they find out how much work he is (and/or gets a new boyfriend. :-/). "Suddenly more bonded" may mean (pure speculation on my part, now) that the teenager has other pets (dog, cat) that the piggie smelled and was frightened of.

Pigs can get along fine with other pets if the right precautions are taken. I'm not necessarily foreseeing disaster. Just ... keep an eye out.

Thanks so much for following up.

daveandtiff

Post   » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:37 am

This is always a chance with kids...but in some cases we'll have a more nurturing and attached type who will give alot of love. I cannot gauge, I have not met her. And I do not know that the former owner would share my information, or that the teenager would want to connect with me if she were to, but I will present the thought anyway.

If the former owner can check in with her (if she is willing), it may be helpful for both of them with this adjustment. I am not sure there is another pig in the picture to be a companion.

The smell of other animals is a possibility. I was also thinking just the fact the teenager is someone new may have been enough for piggie to go back into Mom's arms, because Mom is the only familiar one and given the choice of the two, the likely protector. They often show similar behaviour when at veterinary office or exposed to new conditions.

Will see if we can make more progress with it.