Mainely Rat Rescue has Piggie Fosters in CT and ME

daveandtiff

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:46 am

and they are very cute! Needing permanent homes.

http://mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblog2/?page_id=9642

Diva

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Kermit is being fostered by minismamma and is being spoiled to death.

Jay is being fostered by another of MRR's most experienced guinea pig fosters.

Not sure about the ones in CT, but I do know that most of MRR's guinea pig people have been long term guinea pig owners/fosters.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:48 pm

They sure are cute! Too bad two's my limit. And I live several hundred miles away.

daveandtiff

Post   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Yes, Diva...one of my clients has been with Maine Rat Rescue for some time, has had many rats (and some mice) from them. They are a fantastic organization. I know about a year ago they took in about 73(?) piggies, some pregnant, and were reaching out to everyone for assistance (Uli's organization, Nevins Farm, took some). Thanks for the update on Kermit and Jay...I'm sure they are all being very well loved. And hopefully they will have permanent loving homes very soon.
JaneDoe...we have had to do the same, have some sort of limit, because where most are getting up in age and we already have syringe feeding, I cannot have too little time to make sure everyone is okay. It's a smart decision, to know ones limits. If every an emergency, I'm sure we would do anything we could to be sure someone else would be okay. But we have our hands full.

daveandtiff

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Rescued Guinea Pigs Need Loving Homes (New England)

Mainely Rat Rescue is posting to rehome more pigs. Can check their site for more details and to inquire ~ www.mainelyratrescue.org

Diva

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:13 pm

I know that last week there were a few lovely baby Texels.

daveandtiff

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Aquarius and Taurus, Diva. Thanks for pointing them out. Not every day you see them, and they are super sweet!! Here's the direct link for everyone, including these two.
http://mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblog2/?page_id=9642

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:13 pm

Those are cute babies, D and T.

daveandtiff

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:58 pm

They are, JaneDoe...I love babies! We did actually have three babies/teenagers once, for befriending our Baby, but most of everyone has been older who have come to be with us. Sometimes I picture what they were like when they were all babies...I can almost sense how they were.

minismama

Post   » Fri May 06, 2016 12:25 pm

Kermit was adopted by a lovely couple a few weeks ago.

However, I shall be taking in a pair of fosters a couple of days from now.