Bernie!

Crazy4me

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:31 pm

And this Cheesehead voted today....go Bernie, go! I really hope he wins huge in Wisconsin. I saw a lot of young people at my polling center, so there is still hope.

If he can pull a big win in Wisconsin tonight, and New York in two days, then perhaps the momentum changes in Bernie's favor and the media will recognize him.

zookeeper
Even Booze Hags Give

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:44 pm

I did my part.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:59 pm

Very sorry to see Rebecca Bradley did not make it. But Bernie won big! Have not seen the final numbers to know if he made any real gains (time is running out) but I hope so!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:57 am

Cheeseheads rock!!! You guys blew it out, Thank You!!

The most fun part for me was seeing the normally most accurate and objective polling be very seriously wrong. They predicted a very close race, a virtual tie and Bernie blew it out by 13 percentage points ... and not just in Madison. Oops. :-)

Okay, New Yorkers ... we're coming for you. ;-) I know we have many GL members in NY, both upstate and NYC area. Your turn is two weeks from now. Stand up and be counted!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:08 am

I'm pretty sad about the election. Bradley is a nightmare. I had hoped we could oust our rich boy republican lite county executive, but he spend millions of his own money and won. :-(

Good news for Racine school district - got the privatizers out of office - but that isn't my city. Still, glad about the downballot stuff in other cities. Just wish the County and State had done better for itself. All those fired up Bernie supporters didn't bother with the revolution in their own bloody state (they might want to look at how Bernie worked his way up to the Senate, yes?)

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:33 am

Interesting about the polling, Talishan. I read an article a few weeks ago about all the pearl-clutching the pollsters are doing because they're restricted to landline calls, and those are going the way of the dodo. They know they aren't getting numbers that are reflective of the younger what's-a-landline population, but don't know how to correct for that.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:26 pm

"Okay, New Yorkers ... we're coming for you" - snortle

Interesting ratings on polls from 538:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/pollster-ratings/

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:26 am

An interesting article on how Hillary is gaslighting Bernie! Some valid points!

http://usuncut.com/politics/hillary-clinton-gaslighting-sanders/

p.s. I saw a unicorn in the garden and it was eating my flowers!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:26 am

I like this one too:

http://coloradopeakpolitics.com/2016/04/08/the-sound-of-sile ... aising-plea/

The stupid part is that it's not even necessary.

If you are having a fundraiser for the financial industry, what are you supposed to say? Of course you will say things positive to the industry. Why does she even bother to try to hide it? Hiding it does more harm than good IMO.

If you are Hillary, be frank about it. If you get the nomination, you are then positioned to seek Republican voters who don't want either Cruz or Trump.

?

109 posts