Niko 2 1/2 yr old sow blood in urine

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:03 pm

Ditto Lynx. Can you post a picture?

Is there any bad odor to her bum and nether regions?

hbee

Post   » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:59 pm

Just got word from the vet that they did a sonogram and found that there is a calcified mass on her uterine horn and the uterine horn is inflamed - the vet wants to spay. going to pick up Niko now

daveandtiff

Post   » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:10 pm

Oh, poor girl. Hopefully with her surgery she will get on the road to recovery from her current ailment. At least there is more light on her situation now.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:43 pm

A spay is major surgery. Here's all I know about postop care:

https://www.guinealynx.info/postop.html

https://www.guinealynx.info/records/view ... 77d8b254e2

Best to her and please keep us posted.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:16 pm

I hope she recovers well!

hbee

Post   » Mon May 02, 2016 10:50 pm

I'm trying to post a picture of Niko's bald patch which is getting bigger, pooches out and is warm to touch (it is shiny due to aloe oil and color is a bit yellowed for some reason):

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon May 02, 2016 11:19 pm

The swelling and the warmth to the touch indicates infection. I'd take him to a vet as soon as I could get him in.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 02, 2016 11:34 pm

Looks like typical ovarian cyst hair loss.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue May 03, 2016 6:03 am

Their skin is normally pretty warm, and the swelling could be the ovarian cyst.

Did this little girl have surgery earlier? If so, exactly what was removed? The uterine horn calcification only?

hbee

Post   » Tue May 03, 2016 5:50 pm

I have not put her through the surgery because I can't afford it. $600-$1000. She is three years old. I am really conflicted as to whether I should do the spay and beg people for money or just make her comfortable and care for her until she passes. Please any advise is so appreciated. Also, any suggestions for making her feel better - she keeps scratching at that sore....

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu May 05, 2016 5:25 am

Has she been treated for mites?

Many vets offer CareCredit, a low (or no) cost credit payment plan for veterinary expenses. If you haven't already done so, I'd look into that if it were me. If she's in otherwise good health, 3 is too young to just be thinking about palliative care in my opinion. She has over half her life ahead of her, that could be well and happy if you can get her treated.

hbee

Post   » Thu May 05, 2016 10:07 am

Thank you Talishan - no we haven't treated for mites - I do have CareCredit and it is maxed out. I also have VPI (pet insurance) so I am waiting for the insurance to reimburse me from her ER visit and the vet visit. Thank you for the encouragement - I think a lot of people don't consider my piggies as "real" pets and they certainly don't understand that they are my babies - thank goodness for Lynx and the forum, I don't know what I would have done without you guys <3