Guinea Pigs React to Trump

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:40 pm

That is pretty good!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:58 am

What a contrast! And Stephen Colbert - brilliant.

Boston Globe' Runs Fake Front Page Detailing A Donald Trump World :

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/10/473709316/ ... -trump-world

A Former Mexican President Looks At Trump And Sees A 'Dictator'

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2016/04/10/473551450/a ... s-a-dictator

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:11 pm

Gee, Bookfan, where's the love?
Heh.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2017

Post   » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:37 am

Love the video, those piggies were great! Loved the green and white hat, and yes piggy I liked your hat!

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed May 04, 2016 4:12 pm

No pigs but still funny:

meganmarie

Post   » Wed May 04, 2016 5:01 pm

It's starting to not be so funny anymore. He's disgusting.

This is the first year i've gotten into politics, because of Bernie.

I'm so scared what is going to happen if he wins. Absoutely unimaginable.
Last edited by meganmarie on Wed May 04, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrannyJu1
Armcavy

Post   » Wed May 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Hear, hear! I'm scared spitless.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed May 04, 2016 6:05 pm

Bernie won't win the nomination, but he's got a lot of people paying attention to a situation that is growing more and more intolerable. My biggest fear is that those people's awakened sensibilities won't make the transition to another candidate or downballot candidates. The old adage "act locally, think globally" is apt. Pay attention to the local politics. That is how parties usually build their benches and their platforms (of course Trump is an outlier, but Bernie isn't; he's been an elected official for most of his life!).

Wisconsin is living through the hell of people not paying attention locally, letting uninspiring candidates go up against big money, falling for empty ideology and "divide and conquer" philosophy and the politics of resentment/fear.

Embrace Bernie's message, take it to the local and state level, and SERIOUSLY evaluate the two choices for president and vote pragmatically. It isn't as exciting as voting for a "revolution" but our political system is built to circumvent revolutions as much as possible. Even Bernie couldn't make a revolution happen from the White House; the president can't magically get what he or she wants without a big lift from Congress.

Bernie can make a revolution happen if young people vote and become involved in local, state and national politics, if poor people vote and become involved in local, state and national politics. Bernie can be the flame that starts your political fire burning. But you'll have to keep feeding it yourself!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed May 04, 2016 8:41 pm

I agree about Trump. He is the absolutely WORST choice we have for President. I'm not sure who will be the Democratic candidate, but I intend to back him or her.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed May 04, 2016 9:47 pm

Bernie always said he couldn't do it alone. Big ditto to all SF has said. We need to do our part to help local people win.

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu May 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Agreed 100% Lynx. That goes for ALL presidents.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat May 07, 2016 7:28 am

Before you completely condemn The Donald -- take a look at this:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/279067-10-issues-dividing-donald-trump-and-paul-ryan

I don't agree nor disagree completely with either of them, so this is not a partisan post. Just pointing some things out.

I think it would be awesome if Trump picked Bernie for VP. He won't; he's said his VP has to be a Republican. But Trump is no arch-conservative. I found that article to be reasonably objective and enlightening.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat May 07, 2016 9:49 am

Trump is deciding what plays best while reeling in the haters.

There is no way in hell Bernie would ever be on a ticket with Trump. Trump is a know-nothing flim-flam man -- a complete loose canon.

With small hands.

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat May 07, 2016 9:55 am

Trump is a cheeto, with cornsilk hair, - someone said on a news station. I laughed pretty hard at that one.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat May 07, 2016 10:35 am

I don't understand why people think Trump and Bernie have anything in common. They don't. I don't understand why anyone who supports Bernie, based on his well-articulated and historically-consistent positions on policy, would vote for Trump rather than Hillary (except for an emotional "I'll take my ball and go home" response) because the venn diagram mapping their overlap on positions has little, if ANY, overlap. I don't understand why a Republican, grumpy that Trump is the nominee (over anyone who has ever run for that office over the past 20 years) would vote for Bernie. Again, that same venn diagram. No overlap.

You can't even say that Bernie and Trump are both outsiders, because that isn't true. Trump absolutely has no experience with governing and is certainly a "Washington outsider." You cannot say the same thing about Bernie, who has been an elected official for decades, serving in multiple offices, with a long and consistent track record on the issues.

I guess what I do understand from this is that people are angry, fearful, uninformed, and unwilling to harness the rational part of their mind to make a decision based on facts, as opposed to lashing out emotionally.

It is sad and frightening.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat May 07, 2016 3:17 pm

This is a thing of beauty to behold:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTEnBC-2ZL4

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat May 07, 2016 6:10 pm

Yeah, that is pretty funny. Kickin' our butts at sportsball!

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat May 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Oh, well that explains something I've been reading today on facebook regarding a pack of high schoolers who wore American flag decorated T-shirts purposely ( Mom claims shirt on that day a fluke ) for Cinco de Mayo and began chanting, "Build a wall, build a wall" near some spanish students.

The Mom of one the boys in U.S. flag shirts was pissed because the school had sent for parents to take the kids home to change their shirts. She was saying, "We're Americans we have the right to wear those".

She just could not understand why, and was stirring some crap up on FB, which in turn AGAIN caused a huge blow up because now another group of people were pissed. So that's to my count, pissed to the third degree, if that makes sense. Instant froth, just add cocky American water.

All compliments of Trump. Now it's crystal clear.

It's enough to turn you into a Prepper.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat May 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Trump is directly responsible for a huge uptick in racist bullying among schoolchildren of all ages. :-(

50 posts