Nutmegs thread medical

Riahrae

Post   » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:42 am

I know the title says nutmegs medical thread but I know I've mentions that all my girls might have gotten it so im not going to use a new thread for chestnut because I know if I do it'll get locked etc etc etc.

OK so I checked out chestnuts ear this morning and it's not crusty just looks like hear ear is peeling. Imagine if us humans gets sunburned then we peel. Well chestnuts ear is peeling on the inside of her ear. It's not yellow and crusty. Does anyone know what this could be? I've never seen this before.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:48 pm

It sounds most likely fungal. See if it responds to treatment for a fungal infection.

www.guinealynx.info/.html

Riahrae

Post   » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:52 pm

Any one please help

Image the peeling that I mentioned is in corner by glove

Image outside of her ear

Image eyes are clear.

Please anyone help if you know what this means

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:59 pm

You missed my post above. Likely fungal. Treat as if it is. Look for improvement.

Riahrae

Post   » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:15 pm

@lymx sorry I did miss it, thank you!😃

Riahrae

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:17 am

Nutmegs eye... is it still fungal looking?

Image[/img]

Riahrae

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:20 am

It seems to be looking worse??

My poor baby I feel so bad because it's near her eye

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:28 am

If you've treated for a week with the fungal cream and it has gotten worse, switch to a triple antibiotic cream. The problem may be bacterial rather than fungal.

Put it on sparingly and rub it in VERY well -- you don't want the pig to ingest any of the antibiotic cream.

But if it's no bigger than it was when you started the fungal treatment, then give it a while longer. It takes a long time to cure fungus. You'll know you're on the right track when you start to see hair coming back in.

Riahrae

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:42 am

@bpatters thank you hasn't been a week just a few days, I'm using location it has miconazole nitrate 2% in it. That's what I used for acorn were going to start a week day and night I have to apply it with my finger and hold her she moves a lot. Then after a week daily to do it every other day etc like I did acorn hopefully it get better. Her poor eye though

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:41 pm

Ditto bpatters.

Is she itching it or scratching at it?

If not, it likely looks worse to you than it feels to her.

Different types of antifungals work on different kinds of fungus. Do as bpatters recommends, but if that's ineffective go to the store and try a different antifungal cream. For example, Lotrimin is clotrimazole. It's in the same family, chemically, as miconazole, but slightly different, so it will work on different fungal organisms. Most of these end in '-azole'; that's how you can tell.

Be patient and keep going. It can take a while to show results and of course it needs to be treated, but unless it's obviously bothering her, it looks worse to you than it likely is.

Riahrae

Post   » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:29 am

@talishan thank you def trying it for the full week. If not better I'll try another cream.

I just feel bad because her eye looks droopy but it's probably the fact that the fungal is so close to her eye

Riahrae

Post   » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:05 pm

Little update in chestnut and nutmeg

Nutmegs eye doesn't seem to be getting worse which is a plus I keep treating it I know it'll take a while to clear up

Chestnuts ear is getting better the dryness on her ear isn't as bad as it was and her ears inside arent peeling anymore just dry. Hopefully it clears up soon so acorn can meet them.

Mocha bear showing no signs yet still fully inspecton her