Nutmegs thread medical

Riahrae

Post   » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Little update in chestnut and nutmeg

Nutmegs eye doesn't seem to be getting worse which is a plus I keep treating it I know it'll take a while to clear up

Chestnuts ear is getting better the dryness on her ear isn't as bad as it was and her ears inside arent peeling anymore just dry. Hopefully it clears up soon so acorn can meet them.

Mocha bear showing no signs yet still fully inspecting her

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Will using coconut oil help her?[/img]

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:57 pm

Without reading back, what have you been putting on it?

It doesn't look to me like anything that coconut oil would help.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:10 pm

@bpatters, coconut oil won't work for fungal?

An I've been using micatin it has miconazole nitrate 2% in it. It seem to be getting better her eye isn't droopy and you can see her skin as opposed to flaky skin and scurfyness

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:12 pm

@bpatters please look at the previous picture of her just above this new one. Do you se improvement?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Coconut oil has mild antifungal properties, but I don't think it'll work for an infection that's really set in.

How often are you applying the micatin?

It takes a while to get a fungus under control. And you should continue to use it even after it starts to improve. Keep on with it until the area looks all healed.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:20 pm

@bpatters do you see improvement a little from the previous picture or is it just my high hopes?

I've been using it every day 2x a day ad now as with acorn what helped her s mixing it up missing a day and treating it the next missing two days then treatig it. Then treating it 3 times and so on and so forth. It worked really well for acorn when we I'd that. Saw improvement with in a week after have treating her 2x a day.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Also bpatters can you see if the coconut oil will for chestnuts ear?

Any and all of your advice is greatly appreciated

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:25 pm

I can't really tell whether it looks better or not. Maybe.

But I wouldn't skip doses of the medicine. Medicines are most effective when they're maintained at a steady level. If you don't think the Micatin is working, switch to Monistat or Lotrimin -- they're slightly different antifungal preparations, and may be more effective.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:26 pm

It does look like some of the hair is growing back.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:29 pm

@ lynx I sure hope so, her is what caught my attention so quickly when I went to treat her today and noticed it wasn't as droopy as the previous picture. So she doesn't look as bad.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:37 pm

@bpatters ok thank you

As for chestnuts ear no on the coconut oil?