Nutmegs thread medical

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:41 am

It looks better to me. Keep going, be consistent in treatment and be patient.

I would not use anything on Chestnut's ear right now other than an antifungal cream. Keep using it until the problem is completely gone, and then for a few days afterward.

Fungal creams use a carrier base that should help soothe her ear and address dryness. You can use coconut oil on her ear later for dry skin, but if it were me, for right now I'd use only the antifungal cream until the fungus is completely gone. I wouldn't mix the two.

Riahrae

Post   » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:00 pm

@talishan thank you. I was hoping someone would see the improvement

I though it was just me and my wishful hoping

OK will do might try monistat one this bottle is done if there's no improvement on chestnut ear

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:20 am

Keep us posted and be patient. Fungal can take a while to resolve.

Riahrae

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:21 pm

Update on chestnuts ear looking a bit better isn't so flaky on the outside and inside. She does scratch at it but only when I put the medication on it. I'm keeping an eye on the scratching though.

Nutmegs eye is the same as the recent picture treating 2x daily no skipping medications. Hoping it continues to clear up.

I know it takes a while and I wouldn't be so concerned and anxious for it to go away if it wasn't on her eye.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:06 am

Fungal problems grow on skin. It's very unlikely to trouble her actual eye.

That said, you don't want to get the cream in her eye. Be careful, and just be patient. It's better to err on the side of caution.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:12 am

I take it there are no warnings for this topical product that you should not get it in the eye?

Riahrae

Post   » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:50 pm

I'm not getting it in her eye. I make sure it's completely rubbed in before I put her back into her cage. Nutmeg doesn't scratch her eye though it doesn't seem to bother her.

Chestnut scratches her ear when I put the medicine on. And again it's completely rubbed in

Riahrae

Post   » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:16 pm

I didn't mean on her eye. I meant near her eye sorry. 😓

There's improvement on chestnuts ear not completely better but there's improvement. There's not as much crustiness inside her ear and outside

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:27 am

Improvement is good. That means it's working. Keep going.

Riahrae

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:57 pm

Nut Meg's eye improving no crustiness and not a sign of dry skin at all just skin hopefully her hair grows back

Chestnuts ear is at 100% should I still keep her with nutmeg? I'm still treating her ear though just in case

Mocha still no signs of any fungus

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:36 pm

I think it is safe to keep them together.

Riahrae

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:29 am

@lynx ok I was just wondering since nutmeg still has fungal infection wasn't sure if chestnut would get it again by keeping her in the cage