Hillary - I'm ready to vote for her

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:19 am

Just starting a thread on the presumptive Democratic nominee so I have somewhere to put this well-researched article. Took me a few days to find the time to read it but it makes a case for societal sexism. Does devolve to some strong language but provides a reasonable analysis as to why Hillary is unfairly singled out for such hatred.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/6/11/1537582/-The-most- ... ve-ever-seen

I still like Bernie's platform and hope to see some of the most important incorporated more fully into her platform.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:40 pm

One good reason to support Hillary:

http://uproxx.com/news/live-tweets-trump-rally/

bats

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:43 pm

Louis CK explained why he’s voting for Hillary:

It’s like if you were on a plane and you wanted to choose a pilot. You have one person, Hillary, who says, “Here’s my license. Here’s all the thousands of flights that I’ve flown. Here’s planes I’ve flown in really difficult situations. I’ve had some good flights and some bad flights, but I’ve been flying for a very long time, and I know exactly how this plane works.”

Then you’ve got Bernie, who says, “Everyone should get a ride right to their house with this plane.” “Well, how are you going to do that?” “I just think we should. It’s only fair that everyone gets to use the plane equally.”

And then Trump says, “I’m going to fly so well. You’re not going to believe how good I’m going to fly this plane, and by the way, Hillary never flew a plane in her life.” “She did, and we have pictures.” “No, she never did it.” It’s insane.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:19 pm

LOL, Bats. Thanks for posting that. It's SO true.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:04 pm

I read that earlier, bats, and a variation (I think) with only Hillary and Trump. I loved it.

I will so miss Obama. A caring voice of sanity.

And I hate using the b-word to describe Hillary. So offensive.

rpaws

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:10 pm

I register as ‘Undeclared’ and tend to vote all over the map. If it comes down to Clinton or Trump, I am going to be voting against Trump.

I am looking for a new place. This past week, I went to check out one and it was ok. However, in the window there was a sign for Trump. (Please note I believe in personal freedom and if people want to put a busted washing machine in their front yard then so be it. I find it’s tacky, but it’s their choice.) However, I am NOT a fan about putting political signs on display on people’s residences. I don’t think it’s the place for it. It's just...odd...and I am odd so I should know.

Just like I tend not to click with people who don’t like animals I don’t think I am going to click in this situation.

meganmarie

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:45 pm

rpaws, I definitely get where your coming from. I have always backed Bernie, and we live in a small town in rural pennsylvania. You can't go two seconds without seeing a huge sign in a yard blaring "Trump for president". If you tell people around here that you are voting for anyone who isn't Trump, you are vilified. I can't even talk to anyone about politics because i'm immediately labled a 'bleeding heart liberal'. My cousin actually isn't talking to me right now because he found out i wanted Bernie.

It's sad how angry people get that you don't like their candidate.

I'm worried. I really, really do not like Hillary and i'm struggling about what i'm going to do.

bats

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:20 pm

...i'm struggling about what i'm going to do

Well you can always vote for the misogynist xenophobe who has no real experience, very little actual knowledge, a fat mouth, and an ego the size of an asteroid. I'm sure that'll work out well.

Even members of his own party wince whenever he opens his mouth.

(One of the few times I've agreed with Romney, by the way)

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Ditto bats.

meganmarie, I'm like you -- a Bernie supporter all the way, who's not wild about Hillary. But the country won't fall to pieces under Hillary -- she's probably the best qualified candidate ever as far as international experience is concerned, she's got a basic grasp of economics, a sense of justice, and respect for law and order. To vote for any other than her is to vote for Trump. Much as I'd rather the Democratic nominee be Bernie, I'll gladly vote for Hillary.

I think Trump could actually destroy us as a country. He'll appeal to the basest elements in society and encourage them to flout laws of all sorts. I'm not sure we've got enough police to hold things together if he gets in.

And he has ZERO knowledge of economics. I've just moved our retirement funds into cash because I think the stock market are going to take a massive nose dive if it even looks like he's going to be elected. And we don't have so much money that we can afford that and still have enough to live on for the rest of our lives.

Do you want his loud mouth fulminating at every other national leader in the world? Or him in charge of the military? Or his finger on the nuclear button? For the love of all that's sane, please don't vote for him.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:29 pm

bpatters, I also truly fear a Trump presidency. He doesn't like what the Wash Post prints about him so he "rescinds" their credentials. He is such an overgrown child.

meganmarie

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Yes, i totally hear you guys. You do make valid points on how she would run things, and she does know a lot about HOW to run a country. She is qualified, and if she is going to be the democratic nominee; i will have no choice but to vote for her. I'm just internally struggling because I feel she doesn't really have the countries best interests. I feel she's in it for the 'me' aspect, as well as the glory of being a president, ect. I feel she's crooked.

Trump absolutely scares me. What scares me most is that he's brought out the worst in a lot of the people in this country, or worse(which i believe it's the latter), that these terrible people who back him have been around this whole time, thinking these incredibly evil thoughts.

I'm just disgusted by everything he says and does. It makes you second guess people's values and ethics, that they would back someone like him. As I said before(on another thread) my whole family is voting for him, and it thoroughly disgusts me.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:43 pm

Read that first link I put up. It has to do with the Hillary haters. Makes sense - and she has been fighting this for years.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:43 am

I'm reading it Lynx - terrif.

"I feel she's in it for the 'me' aspect, as well as the glory of being a president, ect."

They're all like that. I've read that many/most presidents score pretty high on narcissist ratings. In fact being something of a narcissist probably helps. The reason why it seems to be a problem with her & she's being singled out is because she's female.

" I feel she's crooked. "

Read Lynx's article. No more so that any other politician & waaaaay less than Trump. Our impressions of candidates are hugely shaped by the media & internet. And we believe what they say, depending on who's saying it. But do we know they are right??? Over the years I've learned never to trust anything I hear in the media too much because there's always spin. And as far as I'm concerned, the waters of the internet are even muddier.

The gist of the article is that the intense dislike of Hillary over the years is sexism. Of course we know why Republicans slander her - she's a Dem. & all's fair in love and war. And they're the party of swift-boating (terrible slander against John Kerry - how could the Republicans sink so low). But to understand all the hate directed towards her, I just don't get it. And I think the author of the article nails it. Sexism. She's held to different standards (higher) because she's female. And he refuted, with factual backup, all the slings & arrows thrown at her over the years.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:56 am

Yes, I thought that article was excellent. While criticisms are thrown at her left and right, worse politicians are off the hook. It is so obvious when you look at the facts.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:03 am

Back in the 90's I thought she was being paranoid about the Republican conspiracy against her & Bill (Whitewater, Vince Foster, & on & on) .

Nope. I realized 10-15 years ago she was right on about that. The Republican slander machine pulled out all the stops for the Clintons, probably because Bill was so popular. It drove them crazy.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:47 pm

"Hillary is crooked" is mostly right wing crap from 24 years of anti-Clinton smear campaigns. Be very suspicious of reasoning that relies on this.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:29 pm

They won't want to let go of it. And it is so wrong.

p.s. great to see you, SF! Hope you are having lots of fun!

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:33 pm

It would be great if any false statement coming out of a politician's mouth was bleeped out or edited out so it couldn't be heard.

But then things would be pretty quiet for some.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:39 am

So true for the Donald!

I think we'd hear a bunch of Hillary though.

Wheekers3

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:22 pm

I cant stand the theatrics. She has this fake point followed by immeasurable glee. The hands, the power pose etc.

I know they are coached for that, but it's so transparent.

That and the little enameled flag pin most of the men wear in their lapel. I mean really...do they need it to remind us of where we're from? The red ties...so many subliminal messages.

How about, "Let's get real?"

I will be voting against Trump. It will be wince worthy.

33 posts