Senior Male at Animal Control in Lee's Summit, MO

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:18 am

There is a 5 year old male at the Animal Control shelter in Lee's Summit:
https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/35391995
It doesn't look like a very good situation (dirty cage; no hay; looks like carrots on the floor of the cage and no pellets?). Do we have any GL'ers anywhere near there, or know of anyone who is?

I'd be happy to pay for gas and any expenses if someone from that area is heading out my way on vacation and would be willing to bring him along (Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN is a big attraction this time of year). Or I could probably manage 50 or 60 miles in that direction to meet up. We just lost our senior male, Leonard, last month and could take him if he's in relatively good health.

Otherwise, if any other GL'er would be willing to give him a good retirement home, that'd be great and I'd gladly pitch in on the adoption fee or transport to another member. I don't see an email address for the Animal Control facility, but will try to call them tomorrow and see what I can find out about him.

Thanks!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:35 pm

He's a gorgeous pig. I can throw in some gas and coffee money too if it'd help!

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:25 pm

I responded to the e-mail you sent me! I'm still about 60 miles from Lee's Summit, unfortunately, but you may want to touch base with dgarriques to see if she might be able to do it...last I checked, she was in KCMO.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Thanks! I have been trying to find an email address for that animal shelter, but no luck so far. May see if I can connect with dgarriques this evening to see if she knows anybody that does transport or could help with a leg of a piggy train IF they're planning to be out this way, anyway. I really don't want anybody making a special trip just to do this.

Someone also suggested getting in touch with Rose at Critter Corral, just to see if she has any connections in that area. I might give that a try as well.

Thanks again. :)

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:32 pm

I tried to find an email address for you and got this:

"Please note that Lee's Summit Animal Shelter is not able to answer inquiries via email through Petfinder at this time.

You may call them with your inquiry at: (816) 969-1640."

There is a “contact us” link on their official web page which seems to be used for both police and animal control:

http://cityofls.net/Police/Programs-and ... al-Control

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:42 pm

Thanks, Catie Cavy! I didn't see the drop-down box the first time I saw their Contact Us form, and thought it was just for the police. :) I emailed AC a little while ago and asked for more information on Arnold. The form is a little wonky, though, and I'm not sure how much of my message will get through. If I don't hear anything by lunch-time, I will try to give them a call.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:32 am

Keep us posted.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:12 pm

Yeah, let's find this boy a good home.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Oh man. I called the shelter and learned that Arnold is a 3 legged pig. Very slim chance that he'll get adopted. She said there is a perfectly healthy rabbit that has been there "forever." This really sucks. At least they're not a kill shelter. I haven't had any luck lining up anything so far...

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Does anyone know if Rolling Rescue is still in operation? Website is still up, but the copyright info says 1998-2008.

No word yet from dgarriques. I'm not even sure she's involved with guinea pigs at this point. ? Her last post on GL was quite some time ago, and it looks like her FB page might be down. :\

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:02 pm

I think jacqueline had some help from a transport group a few times. Maybe PM her if she doesn’t see this. Doesn’t smartorl work with cross country truckers? Maybe PM her too?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:05 pm

Good ideas! You could post on another forum - maybe General Chat - to catch Smartorl.