Senior Male at Animal Control in Lee's Summit, MO

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:06 pm

I'm Facebook friends with dgarriques. She still posts there. Want me to send her a Facebook message to look here?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:59 am

Great! I'll PM both and direct them here. Thanks for the additional suggestions.

Catie Cavy -- that would be great, thanks.

I'm just amazed that there really aren't any small animal/guinea pig rescues in that area. I contacted a 'small critter' rescue group in MO (can't think of the name, right off the top of my head) on Sunday, but it looks like they are defunct.

Neither EARPs nor Critter Corral knew of anybody out that way. The rescue in Sellersburg often adopts out-of-state, but she didn't know of anyone in either MO or KS, either.

jacqueline

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:13 am

That piggie is yours Sef!! Such a good soul you are

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:38 am

Hiiii! Sorry I didnt see your email as we are in South Carolina and in the low country so very poor reception here. Spotty at best.. I got a message from Julie on Facebook.

We are no longer living in Kansas City. We are now full time RV'ers. I am sorry I do not know of anyone in that area. It was not too far from where we live(about 35 or so miles).

I sure hope you can get it worked out as he would so lucky to have you for his new family

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:20 pm

I have a friend who is not a GLer but is a guinea pig mama. I think she's still in the KC area...I can see if she is up for a field trip (about 30 miles for her).

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Lee's Summit is a suburb Of Kansas City, MO

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:11 pm

TWP, that would be fantastic! I'll gladly cover gas and adoption fee. :) Let us know what she says, okay? If nothing else, could she keep him until something more permanent could be worked out?

dgarriques---thanks for weighing in on this!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:59 pm

And thank you, jacqueline, for the transport info! I sent an email this afternoon, and will let folks here know if I hear anything back.

There is also a group in Kokomo, IN that apparently does pet transport (or did; not sure if they are still active). They don't have a website, so I posted on their FB page last night.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:27 pm

He's not listed on Petfinder now.

jacqueline

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Oh, no!!!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:30 pm

I know. I'm feeling a little sick to my stomach right now. What could have happened? :(

jacqueline

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Email or call the shelter? I'm sorry Sef. Don't give up yet though, flukes happen!!