Hillary - I'm ready to vote for her

meganmarie

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:07 pm

I've been taking time to think about how to word this---I'm hesitant to vote for Hillary because she IS crooked. I'm not saying she is innately; but our whole system is, and she's a major part of that machine. She was able to raise/get as far as she has because she gets money from big corporations. They say, 'well, if we give you money, what'll you do for us?'. They dole out money and she gives them promises.

I think she is crooked, she's telling the public one thing and secretly smoozing corporations with different ideals behind our backs.

I'm not saying that this should suprise anyone; it unfortunately has become the norm, and politicians just 'playing the field'.

I just want someone who is honest and true, and who honestly has our ideals and wants whats best for the american people.

This is the first election i'll be able to vote in, and i don't know if this year has been a normal 'voting cycle' or not; but if this is how it usually is, i'm scared shi*less.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:29 pm

This year has certainly NOT been a normal voting cycle. It is the worst I've ever seen, and I've voted since I 1976.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:38 pm

It is definitely not a normal cycle, and you don't have the option of voting for someone who is "hones and true, and who honestly has our ideals and wants whats best for the american people." No one like that is running, in any party.

All you can do is pick the least objectionable candidate. Unfortunately, that IS the usual cycle, and you choose the candidate whose faults bother you the least.

I don't think Hillary is crooked. I think she's made mistakes, and I think she's mightily beholden to Wall Street. But the system isn't going to collapse under her guidance, and I think it will under Trump.

What I'm hoping is that the Bernie supporters will become a party and try to move us in the direction of plain speaking and common sense. I read somewhere recently that 7,000 of them have filed to run in local and state elections. That's a good thing, and I certainly hope it continues.

meganmarie

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:03 pm

I sometime have trouble fully expressing my thoughts while writing, but you've hit it on the head, bpatters. I'm not naive-though it may come across that way in typing sometimes(sorry).I do know that no one is running for president 'just for the people'. Everyone-even everyday people have motives, and reasons for doinng things.

And I also agree with you that out of the two possible candidates, Hillary will just be like being under Obama-good things will happen, small strides will be made. I guess, in the end, this is just me being disapointed with what i've seem from the people and candidates during this whole voting process. When your supposed to feel invigorated and hopeful about the presidential candidate, i'm disapointed by one and terrified of the other. One is definitely a lesser evil, and i am aware of that. I like how you worded it "all you can do is pick the least objectionable candidate".

I think Bernie has started a movement which will continue to expand. I hope it does, because it's the change we need as a country.

I'm glad this is not a normal voting cycle. It's been terrible, and i feel like it's bought out the worst in people. A few months ago(i wasn't learned in politics, ect) I would've fought for gun rights. Now, I don't know why anyone would need a semi-automatic rifle, ect. Where I live, maybe a small handgun to put down a rabid racoon or deer. If you need to use an semi-automatic weapon to take down a deer-well, you need to practice more and shouldn't be using a gun. My stepdad almost died when i told him that i supported hillary on her gun views. My mother says they need to stockpile guns because there's going to be 'civil unrest' if Hillary tries to 'take their guns'. I was like, civil unrest? Over what? Their not taking away your lives. They made it sound so dramatic.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:48 pm

meganmarie, you MUST read this page, every word!
http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/6/11/1537582/-The-most- ... ve-ever-seen

I posted it in the first thread. Read every word. Every single word. Then come back and post.

meganmarie

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Yes, ma'am, on it.

meganmarie

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:54 pm

I just got done reading it, Lynx. I took my time with a cup of coffee and read it. : )

I'm not trying to sound unintelligent(or ignorant), but may I ask what you'd like me to take from the article? I'd like to hear what you think about the article, and hear where your coming from.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:22 am

I guess for me, the case was effectively laid out that Hillary has been systematically attacked for all her political life. When attacked with lies, even after those lies are shown for what they are, they still persist. That she has been held to a higher standard (this is, perhaps, not really what I mean but it will do) when other politicians (who happen to be male) do exactly the same thing (money from speeches, for example).

There is a lot more detail in there. For me, it was understanding where this has come from. She does not deserve the vilification.

I think your saying Hillary is crooked buys into these same lies and I think you need to realize that firmly planting these thoughts in the American public has been the goal of the Republican conservatives for years. That what you have been fed is based on lies.

I do not know how I will feel about her years from now if she wins the presidency. I've been more firmly behind Sanders. If she and Elizabeth Warren are on the ticket, it may signal she is going after inequality and Wallstreet.

meganmarie

Post   » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Oh, okay. Now That I understand where your coming from, I can speak for this situation now.

I understand your fear that i'm not giving her fair play. I do believe that she has been painted with a terrible brush, and I do not think she diserves certain aspects of the vilification that she has had put on her shoulders. My ways of thinking and feeling are not coming from listening to people about her.

I'm not saying I wasn't aware that other politicians go out and make money from speeches, many do: and while some are just showing up to campus', ect, some are politically and financially motivated. I'm not saying this is JUST something she does, but it is a basis for a lot of(if not most)our politicians.

That's one of the many reasons I appreciated Bernie so much. He wanted to over turn the decision of Citizen's United(if you don't know what that is, links below).

https://berniesanders.com/issues/money-in-politics/

She is corrupt, because our literal SYSTEM deems that to be necessary. I'm not saying that she is corrupt and parroting what i've heard from the republican's on the side of my family, our whole political system is corrupt. It has been. I'm also part of a group called WOLF PAC, and they aim to also try to take down Citizens United.

http://www.wolf-pac.com/the_plan

I haven't been saying that she herself is corrupt or a bad person, our whole system is wrong and needs overturned and reformed. She has taken monies from the Koch brothers, and will probably continue to do so until we do something about Citizen's united.

I'm not naive enough to just listen to what people say and just go from there. I research, and then research again. I feel that my distaste for her is founded. But, I also understand that I feel differently than a lot of people feel, and I have (mostly)unpopular opinions.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:01 pm

Okay. Sounds reasonable. And I totally agree with you on getting money out of politics. You really cannot ignore those people and businesses that pour money into your campaign, no matter what anyone says.

I do think she is a hell of a lot better than Trump.

I want the political system changed so no politician is beholding to those with money.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:57 pm

I truly feel if Mrs. Clinton was the least bit guilty, she would have been tried and jailed many, many years ago.

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:32 am

I voted her in attempt to stop what is now happening and will continue to happen. I also agree with Chakotay. She's not golden and I am not deluded to think her poop doesn't stink. But I checked and rechecked all I could on her after Bernie endorsed her and tried to help enlighten those who still thought she did every little thing accused of. I failed.

But even if I'd felt she did pretty much all accused of, I would have still voted for her. Never have I been against any politician or public person so much before in my life as I am all that trump stands for. I am now trying to rebuild a broken me so I can be productive and help other broken people. It is almost as hard as when we lost Aidan at 16 to suicide 5 years ago this month. However, this one involves pretty much the world, whereas that one only affected his family and friends so harshly. Anyway, I appreciate everyone who fought for her and against trump. <3

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:50 am

TexCavy, I hope you get feeling better.

I cannot imagine how hard this month will be for you. :(

33 posts