Nutmegs thread medical

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:10 am

I am sure you will be keeping things clean and keeping an eye on her. Companionship is important (and fungus is ever present).

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:10 am

Ditto Lynx. Keep them together and just keep a close eye on them. If you see more fungal develop -- just use the cream(s). It is ever-present, especially in summer.

Riahrae

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Oh buhumbug ha ha I'll keep an eye out definitely. An making sure everything is cleaned thank you all for the responses and input.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:13 pm

Update for the girls, nutmeg is growing hair back on the skin that's exposed for her eye yay(happy dance) and Chestnut ear is better keeping an eye out on each one of them and cleaning out the cage frequently

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:48 pm

That is super!

daveandtiff

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Awesome, Riahrae!

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks @lynx and @d&t

I was putting the cream on and felt some fuzz I was so happy

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:28 pm

Fuzz is good! :-) Carry on.

Riahrae

Post   » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:14 pm

Chestnut small poops but is drinking a lot of water and gets water intake through her veggies also. Can small poop indicate anything else besides dehydration?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:35 pm

When a pig is dehydrated, the poops are usually dry and cracked. That's more of an indicator to me of dehydration than the size of the pellets.

Is something going on that makes you worry about the pellet size?

Riahrae

Post   » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Oh ok i wasnt sure bpatters im a new piggy owner and was just wondering because her poops used to be a decent size now they are smaller not dry still wet just like normal poops so i wasnt sure if she wasnt getting enough water so i stayed home from work all day to monitor her drinking and she drinks well

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:58 pm

Stayed home from work to monitor her drinking? For a pig that wasn't ill? You may need a chill pill. :-) There'll be times in the life of your pig when you may need to stay home to hand-feed or nebulize or whatever, but watching a non-sick pig drink isn't one of them.