Nutmegs thread medical

Riahrae

Post   » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:01 pm

I got approved for paid time off :) i was worried i wasnt sure why her poops were smaller than before. Shes my child haha 😂

Riahrae

Post   » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:21 am

Correction theyre all my children and i just want the best for them so i treat them as if they were my human baby.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:06 am

Smaller droppings can indicate a lower food intake. How's her weight doing?

Riahrae

Post   » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:00 am

@talishan she eats like a pig literally haha her weight is stable

Riahrae

Post   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:30 pm

I felt a hard bump under her chin my husband said its been there ever since she was brought ght home at 3 months sadly i never noticed it until today. Her teeth arent over grown from what i can tell and she hasnt loss any weight shes actually gained 2 ounces and no loss of appetite. What do you think it can be?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Don't know. You could ask the vet his/her opinion the next time she sees him.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:44 pm

Does it cause her any pain if you touch it?

How old is she now?

Riahrae

Post   » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:00 pm

@talishan no no pain when we touch it she's about a year and a half now

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Monitor it for any change. If you notice a change (larger, softer, harder, gets hot, she acts like it bothers her), see a cavy-knowledgeable vet.

Otherwise, ditto Lynx imo -- have a good vet look at it if/when you take her in for a well check or some other problem.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:47 pm

This is not medical but i already have a thread here in medical for nutmeg as this post is pertaining to her anddont want to post in another tab under cavy chat.

I notoced lately that nutmeg who used to be my biggest vuddler just will not put up with cuddling anymore. Shell let me handle her for a minute max and wants to go back home. She eats normal no sogns of sickness drinks well. Could it just be that she likes to be little miss independent now? And doesnt really need her mommy for cuddles and lap time anymore?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:49 pm

Check her for tenderness anywhere. Only thing I can think of would be pain if there is a medical cause.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:55 pm

@lynx i checked for tendernesa everywhere no sign of discomfort or in pain. Im guessing its just shes not needing me anymore and is wanting to be little miss independent. Shell pancake lay on me for a minute and shes over it after that amd wants to roam her c&c cage and popcorn and cuddle with her sister