The Case of the Curious Patch

Janie46

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:06 am

Wheek! Hello! Wheek, wheek!

Waffles here, reporting live from New Jersey. Our new mommy drove over an hour to pick us up from where we were staying. Lamb-chop (Lamby) was immediately calm when mommy held her, and she snuggled right up. I was a little more hesitant but mommy seemed to be pretty nice so I let her hold me, too.

The rescue we came from was filled with lots of piggies, a blind bunny, a doggie, and two rats! It's very nice to be in a quiet home with only a kitty-brother.

Lamby is scared of kitty-brother, but he seems cool to me. He doesn't bother us, just sometimes sniffs around the table where our cage is set up. *I* think he's more scared of us than we are of him. I'm a pretty tough cookie if ya ask me.

Mommy put us in the car and drove us home to meet daddy. He loves us, too. We got to explore our new cage which has FLEECE!!! Our old cage had wood shaving but this is sooooooo soft on my delicate little piggy feet! There's plenty of hay and fresh veggies.

Everything was going great until yesterday when mommy looked at Lamby and saw her little bald spot was bleeding. Lamby's little bald spot wasn't healing right...And then she picked ME up and said I had something on my nose! My nose is *perfect* thank you very much!! I tried to tell mom but she didn't listen. She called up someone called the vet-nare-ium and then off Lamby and I went to this scary place with lots of barking doggies. We did NOT like it there.

The vet-nare-ium lady was nice and she held us and petted us. She put us under ultra-violet light and we GLOWED. It was crazy...I thought for sure there had been something funny put into our hay. But the lady said we had something called Ring Worm...Lamb-chop was scared and told me she didn't have no stinkin' worms on her lovely long locks. I tried to calm her down by cuddling with her.

Mommy now has to give us special bath time with shampoo that smells like strawberries but will make us better. Both of us like bath time!

What we DON'T like is the nasty medicine mom makes us swallow. I tried to tell mom I didn't wanna swallow it but she was rather persistent. I guess it isn't *that* bad.

Mom seems sad that we have the Ring Worm because she can't snuggle with us and always has to wash her hands and clothing. Dad is scared we will give it to brother-kitty.

Lamb-chop overhead Mom tell Dad that we have to eat that nasty medicine stuff for a month!!! And then go *back* to the vet. Mom was upset with the rescue lady that we were already sick and she had just brought us home. I saw her write an e-mail to the rescue lady. Lamby read it over her shoulder and said that the rescue lady told mommy that there's a bad outbreak of the Ring Worm over there and even the dog has it.

That was yesterday. Mom seems not so upset today. I think she is just sad that we can't cuddle on her lap yet. She gave us blueberries for a treat but we don't like them much. We much prefer cilantro.

I have to go now before Mom sees I borrowed her 'puter or Lamby rats me out -- she's a tattle tale!!!

Talk to you all later. This is Waffles, signing out.

Wheek wheek!

(PS - how do I add pretty pictures of myself that aren't huge? Photobucket images seem to be very big)

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:22 am

We now expect wheekly reports, little one. This will also help keep kitty-brother in line.

P.S. The pictures always appear bigger on the "Preview" page than after they've been "Submitted".

Janie46

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:14 am

Lamby here...thanks Granny! Here's a picture of us

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:09 pm

Oh my goodness gracious you two are just too stinkin cute!! And yes we'll be expecting wheekly reports

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Oh, they are cute!

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:41 pm

Oh my! You've got some extra cute ones.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:21 pm

Well you two are little sweethearts. Love your story, sorry about the ring worm. You're both going into my Santa sack and coming down under with me. Love the black face!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:40 am

Lovely to meet Lamby & Waffles (great names) who are very cute. Glad their ringworm is being treated and sounds like everything is under control.

Looking forward to more photos and reading about them and their daily life.

Janie46

Post   » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!! WHEEEEEEEK! Lamb Chop here! Waffles is sleeping and I learned if I wheek SUPER loud while standing on my pigloo, Mommy and daddy give me extra attention.

I don't really like being cuddled for long but I LOVE food - green peppers and parsley in particular! Waffles loves being held by mom and giving kisses.

Mom cut our toe nails yesterday- not cool! And we also had our WHEEKLY special shampoo for the ringworm. It's making my coat a little dry so I wonder if there's a form of conditioner mom can apply to make it softer?

Waffles is super picky and won't touch peppers. That's okay more for me! Mom gave us new toys to play with (paper towel rolls and an alfalfa tunnel and a wooden rattle). Very cool!

Our ringworm seems to be getting better and my beautiful luscious locks are growing back in!!!!!

Mommy is happy and has been giving us lap time and kisses. She says she doesn't care anymore and just wants us to have all the love we deserve. So far, she's been wormie free...

But when she was petting Waffles on her lap, Waffles started digging a little on her pants and Mom didn't know what that meant... Then...then...HAHAHAHA.....then! waffles scooted her tooshie and TINKLED right on Mom's lap!!!

Mom now uses towels during cuddle time.

Ugh, Waffles is up and drinking water obnoxiously loud. Gotta' go!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:04 am

Such sweeties!!!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:19 pm

My heart is melting! If Lamby ever goes missing, I did not pignap her. It was daisymay!