Brexit - the EU referendum

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:41 am

8ball

Post   » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:45 pm

I joined Labour a few weeks ago with the aim of voting in the leadership contest. Now they won't allow members of less than 6 months to vote.

Then they said affiliates could vote. Now they say they can't.

The only option we have now is to pay £25 on Monday or Tuesday next week to be able to vote. A lot of people won't be able to afford that without sacrificing necessities.

Labour is disenfranchising it's members and those that would vote for them at the next general election.

The PLP will destroy the party, leaving us with no viable alternative, nd meaning the Tories win by default. Another decade of this will be unbearable.

Halva
Supporter in '10

Post   » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:30 pm

I joined the Labour Party just after Corbyn was elected leader so I think I just sneak in there. It's all shit.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:44 pm

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:47 pm

That is really funny!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Hilarious!

8ball

Post   » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:55 am

Theresa May isn't going to trigger Article 50 this year. There's going to be a Brexit/right wing protest in London to show the outrage at how all non-white people haven't been kicked into the sea yet.

Our local fascist groups are having a field day. The EDL are marching through town in a couple of weeks.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:13 am

What a horror.

All the more reason that Drumpf must not be elected! (I see parallels)

8ball

Post   » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:55 am

Aside from Boris Johnson and Stephen Crabb I'm not aware of any really overt bigotry in the government. I may be wrong though.

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:59 pm

My local MP is now Boris's Parliamentary private secretary (aka his b***h).

Corbyn feels like our only hope!

8ball

Post   » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:12 am

His colleagues seem hellbent on curtailing his (and our) success. I stumped up the £25 to vote in the leadership challenge cos I'll be damned if we're having a big pharma lobbyist, pro-NHS-privatisation beast at the helm.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:01 am

I hope for success for you, 8ball!

8ball

Post   » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Thanks Lynx :) hoping the 170,000 people who signed up to vote this week re-appoint Corbyn.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:13 am

Well, well, well. Corbyn pulled it out! So, Brits, what do you think? Some on the ground "wo/man in the street" reactions!

154 posts