2 Guinea Pigs Need Rehoming in Durham Region, Ontario

Tookish

Post   » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:55 pm

I'm moving to Ireland on August 25th and unfortunately can't take these two little characters with me so I'm looking for a new home for them with someone who is willing to give them the time and love they deserve.

They are two boys named Tribble and Radagast, Tribble (tri colour) is the leader of their little duo and is more outgoing and brave. Radagast (brown curly one) is his little shadow and follows him around everywhere when they are out for floor time.

I'm looking for someone who has experience with Guinea pigs and knows the amount of care and attention they need. They are both shy and a little skittish before they get to know you but once they've warmed up are quite friendly. Very talkative little guys who love their veggies and fruits!

They will come with their current cage, although I would prefer they go to a home where they will be upgraded to a larger one. Any food and hay I have left along with any other supplies I have for them.

If you have any questions about the boys or if you're interested in adopting them please don't hesitate to contact me. I would like it if you could include some info about yourself as well such as why you're interested in adopting them, who they are for (yourself, kids etc), how much experience you have with Guinea pigs and anything else you think I should know.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage[/img]

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:24 pm

They are beautiful pigs, and obviously well-loved and cared for.

Screen prospective owners carefully. Charge a reasonable amount for them -- don't let them go for free. This helps to weed out the impulsive and cruel.

All best wishes in finding them a good home (and to you in Ireland).

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:36 pm

They are indeed adorable. I too hope you can find a good home for them.

Tookish

Post   » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:12 am

Thank you Talishan and Lynx for the advice and luck! They honestly are the most adorable little characters and it breaks my heart to have to give them up but it's what's going to be best for them. I just want to make sure they go to the best home possible.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Are you able to travel to help them get to a good home? If so, roughly how far?

This rescue does not accept private surrenders, but they might have some good tips and suggestions for you. It might be worth an email.

http://www.pigglesrescue.com/Welcome%21.html

Tookish

Post   » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:00 pm

I'm definitely willing to travel if need be probably up to an hour or so. Although I'm not comfortable driving in downtown Toronto so I would be unable to deliver in Toronto but surrounding area's would be fine!

I came across that rescue on my search for rescues around me that might take them if it came down to it too bad they don't take owner surrenders. I'll definitely look into emailing them for some advice, thank you for all your help!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:08 pm

If you found a good adopter in the metro Toronto area that would be willing to meet you just a little ways out, that'd be great (that's what I was going after when I asked).

Continued good luck and please let us know how things are going.