Should've specified-Can't find older male GP in Yonkers area

Elizsauer

Post   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:49 pm

I wrote the previous msg about trying to find an older male guinea pig within in 50 miles of the Yonkers, NY area. I've tried Petfinders and all the other site and no luck. Just can't understand it.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:18 pm

One will come along.

Contact the rescues anyway, even if they don't show a single male for adoption. Rescues are run by volunteers, and the websites don't always get updated as soon as they should.

If you ask, they'll probably keep a lookout for a single male and let you know when they get one in.

Also look at Kijiji and Craigslist. You could also contact the vet offices around you -- sometimes they know of people who want to adopt out pets.

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Lots of shelters post on www.PetHarbor.com instead of PetFinder. I've also noticed that the humane societies in our area just post on their own shelter's website.

We often have guinea pigs that aren't listed yet because they're not ready for adoption. OFten, I've got a waiting list for piggies before they're even available. So yes, contact the rescues and tell them what you're looking for.

Good Luck.

jacqueline

Post   » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:37 am

You're looking to adopt an older male? May I ask why? I have a couple of l older males I would love to find homes for. I'm in central NJ

Elizsauer

Post   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:09 pm

This msg is for Jacqueline. Sorry I'm still a little unsure of how this site works so I specified that the msg was for you. You wanted to know why I want an older male. I had two males. One is about 4 1/2, the other one I adopted from a family that posted him under "free things" in Craigslist. I gave him a good life for a couple of years but he wound up with a bladder stone (for which I had him operated) but after 3 weeks of seemingly doing well, he suddenly died. My remaining boy seems bored out of his mind so I need to find him a buddy but once they are both gone (which I hope isn't for a looooong time), I'm done. I love them more than you know but it's like having kids - you can't travel w/o making arrangements and your house is always a mess unless you're constantly cleaning. But until such time, my boy needs a friend. And that's my story.

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Thanks. I'm going to send you a PM

Elizsauer

Post   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:33 pm

I'm sorry but what's a PM. I'm on the older side and not the most techno-saavy person. Do you have any pics of your boys?

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:53 pm

I sent you a private email, through guinea lynx, but maybe you haven't gotten it yet.

I have 1 guinea pig, Re-Run, who is 8 1/2 years old. He may be too old for your purposes. The other pig i have is Henry, who is about 3 1/2 years old. He may be more suited to you. He's a white himalyan mix, so has a little longer hair.

If you're interested, email me back. Perhaps you could also tell me a little about your cage and what you feed your pigs. I've had Henry for a long time, and want to make sure he's getting a good home.

I'm trying to rehome a pig or two since my move into a smaller space. I originally had 14, and am now down to 4.

Let me know what you think and I can send a picture. :

jacqueline

Post   » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:19 pm

No longer interested?