Pigsterpiece Theater - Journey to the Center of the Sofa

afdani1984

Post   » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:32 pm

Good evening all...my name is Augustus and I'm here to tell you a tale; A tale of a marvelous land that is every pig's dream. A land where no human goes...and there is only quiet and dark. A land called...Inside the Sofa.

It all started last weekend. My female human slave (FHS) was away for something called "military duty" and I was alone with the male human slave (MHS) and the tiny human slave (THS). After much squeaking and running about the cage, I finally allowed MHS to pick me up on the promise of salad. He put me on the living room rug and as is my typical routine, I grabbed a piece of lettuce and made haste for under the sofa. The human slaves don't seem to mind when I do this and they are never far from the area. It's a great place to nap.

But then...I spotted something. What's this? Is it a doorway to some magical land? It is!

Slowly...slowly, I make my way up, up, up! Not long after that MHS and THS notice I've disappeared. I can hear them moving about, talking, looking, wondering where I've gone.

The game is afoot! They've finally figured out I am IN the sofa. I make my way back through the "door", which MHS promptly fixes by tearing the whole bottom off the sofa when he realizes where I've been hiding.

Upon her return, FHS said it's a good thing I'm so adorable and I best not pull any more naughty stunts like this again or I will be relegated to floor time in the pen like those rowdy adolescent pigs who live below me.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:05 pm

Dark secrud doors are so alluring! I can understand your desire to check them out!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:09 am

Agustus is a handsome pig. Love the title of this thread.

afdani1984

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:48 pm

The journey continues. Today I skittered down the hall, which I normally don't attempt. It's much more slippery than the carpet. I found another door. This one led to somewhere called "Under the Bed."

FHS has A LOT of those clunky things the human slaves wear on their paws.

I've also discovered a new treat called "toilet paper".

(And thank you Bookfan! We're pretty fond of our Gus too!)

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:05 am

Who could stay mad at that sweet little face? So cute curled up in his bed. It is luck you did not spy a spider little piggy. Loving your story!

afdani1984

Post   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:21 pm

No spiders in "Under the Bed". But lots of dust. FHS had to pluck it off my whiskers and my bumbum. She should really get out the big noise making machine and clean that up.

afdani1984

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:44 pm

I did something today FHS called "popcorn." It was fun! She asked me if I ever "popcorned" as a young piggy, and gave me a pet in the cage (I would have preferred more radicchio instead of pets!). Maybe a long time ago I used to have fun like my neighbor pigs below. But it's been a long time I think since I had so much room to run and kick my legs.

Riahrae

Post   » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Oh those darn dust bunnies! Popcorning is so much fun to watch. So im sure it really put a smile on FHS

afdani1984

Post   » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:33 am

There have been so many changes in my life these last few months. I'm on my third home, all sorts of yummy new foods and lots of space to run around. I even moved from my upstairs apartment to the downstairs apartment!

FHS slave had started talking to me a few weeks ago about whether or not I needed a friend. I heard her mention to MHS that she thought I was "sad and depressed." I don't know what this means though. But I guess she wasn't so much asking if I WANTED friend, she was telling me I was actually getting one.

Last week she introduced me to my new roommate. She took us out on the back enclosed porch in a big open space I'd never been before. There was lots of veggies (even some new ones!) and piles of hay. But then...she plopped this little fuzzball in next to me. At first I thought, "Oh boy...this is going to be a repeat of when I tried to introduce myself to the jerks upstairs." Surprisingly, after a few hours I grew to enjoy being the boss and having the little guy, who FHS calls "Woodrow", around. He's an extra set of paws to help pull all the hay out of the bag and scatter it all over the cage. More veggies at salad time means more for me to steal.

I think I'll keep him around awhile.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:20 pm

Now Gus you be nice to Woodrow! He's going to go through puberty and he'll be doing a lot of mounting on you and the teeth chattering.
If you keep standing on the wire like that I will have to come all the way to kiss those kissable lips handsome! You are both very cute!

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:55 am

He's got a lovely face!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am

Lovely pig!