Daily Kos Observations

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:21 am

As a regular reader of the Daily Kos, I get a real education on politics and the world. Posting can be spotty - but there are articles that really stand out and for me, clarify and explain what makes sense in this world. I plan on posting links to articles in this thread. The best articles are well-written and well-supported with internal links backing their conclusions.

Article for today:

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/9/9/1568473/-The-Press- ... Strategy-Too

"Consider: the core Republican ideology is based on a theory of “trickle down” economics that has been entirely discredited and is no longer supported by many of its original proponents. The GOP is the only major party in the advanced world to deny climate change. Republicans and their voters no longer accept standard government statistics, like the unemployment rate. When arguing policy, Republicans assert that a universal health insurance program takes away people’s insurance, unemployment insurance causes unemployment, and defaulting on the nation’s credit would reduce its borrowing levels. "

If you find something on the Daily Kos that resonates with you, feel free to add a link and a short quote.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:34 am

:-D

I'm a daily reader of that political website and contribute my own content every once in a while. I just did something about the Dakota Access Pipeline that people seemed to enjoy.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:06 am

I read quite a lot there. I do occasionally find fault with a premise (and note other commenters with similar opinions). But their heart and vision are right on. And yay for your posting articles!! I'm glad Obama stepped in before this escalates further.

Thing is, oil is going down. Moving natural gas around? You're looking at fracking. One state finally shut down fracking in a particular area due to unmistakable increase in earth quakes caused by the injection of fluids into the ground. This doesn't even address water contamination.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:34 am

I love Daily Kos.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Totally the voice of reason.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:24 pm

I learned about the Daily Kos from one of your postings, Lynx. That was a few years ago I think. I read it regularly now. Thanks!!!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:47 pm

I read it pretty much daily! It helps to evaluate the posts by reading the media articles they are referring to.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:24 am

It is my go-to, and like Lynx, I read the source articles to get the bigger picture.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:55 am

Ditto Lynx and Snowflakey.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:58 am

Linked to by the Daily Kos. A complete takedown of Trump. Why he should be buried in a landslide:

http://interactive.nydailynews.com/2016/10/daily-news-editorial-bury-trump-in-landslide/

Fab one minute clip of Opra:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPmdrh-bwhQ

She said she'd been staying out of it because there was so much vitriol - did not feel she would be heard. But said loud and clear that people who "didn't like Hillary" needed to get over it. See the clip. Opra speaks the truth.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:39 pm

Yeah, folks who have been silent are coming out of the woodwork because he is so frighteningly dangerous.

Erinspigs

Post   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:59 pm

I'm troubled he got this far. Imagine if something happened to Hillary, if she were to get sick or something. He could be our president. Very frightening

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:08 am

He has definitely brought out the worst in people. And brought the worst people out!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:35 pm

Love that Oprah clip.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:40 pm

I need a new beer. My fave, Yuengling, I would like to replace with something else (ideally, not expensive). I don't drink all that much but beer is refreshing if you've been working hard on a summer day.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/27/1587708/-Any-Yuengling-drinkers-here-on-DKos

I believe in voting with my meager dollars. Any suggestions out there?

15 posts • Page 1 of 1